Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Funny thing is. It works best for me when I put on an american accent!! ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Irritated with the voice activated dialing!!!!!!

Advertisement

Funny thing is. It works best for me when I put on an american accent!! Works 90% of the time too!

esjones no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Irritated with the voice activated dialing!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by harm_dzines
    I have tried everything you guys have suggested, still doesnt work. I keep telling the VAD to call Becky (my wife) and it still keeps saying "Did you mean Nikki, Christy? " I have tried calling several different names I have in my contacts, it keeps bring up all these different names, none of which are close to who I am trying to call. This is really irritating . I did reset the language to another language, and then back to english. Still doesnt help. And btw, I speak nearly perfect english
    Listen to what it is saying back to you. Is it mispronouncing names that are stored in your address book? My company is "Horizon Systems" but the BB always says back, "Did you say Verizon Systems?" I say "Yes" and the call is dialed correctly (no 'Verizon' is in my address book, so it is just mispronouncing "Horizon").

arpaterson no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via wap~

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF
    Couple of things. Check your language setting for voice dialing, may be set on UK instead of US? If not, you can change it to say, UK and then back to US and it will force the system to initialize and read your contacts.

Good luck!
    Just wondering how you go about changing the language settings for voice dialing. I cannot find this option anywhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123