Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by armus ok you were going good until you revealed somethign very telling ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: iPhone Vs. Pearl (Update)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by armus View Post
    ok you were going good until you revealed somethign very telling about yourself, you're 14. You should have put that at the top because your opinions do not reflect the needs of folks that are say, 35 year old executives. I appreciate you're attempt to clarify the phones and based on your post I think the iphone is great for bells and whistles that appeal to kids. I find my Pearl to be what I need but should I want to get a miniature gameboy for a phone, I'll look up the iphone.
    Well that's not what I was aiming for. I'm not trying to give a review for 35 year old executives. I was just comparing the two phones. I bet you if i was trying to compare the two for 35 year old people it would look totally different.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

i think that most people are just giving her trouble because of her age.
    lets applaud her for doing a review/comparission that many 20+,30+ people havent done, or at least not here at pinstack.

and she is not the only one that has a bbp or an iphone.

i just gave my 14 year old sister a bbp...

to each his own
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

great job gotpearl!!

Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    great job gotpearl!!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

My husband is a police officer. I can't tell you how many times he has dropped that dang phone---slammed the car door into his hip (wher ehe sometimes has the phone)....slamed himself up against someone else (with the phone in his shirt pocket)....dropped it in the car, out of the car.....the list goes on and on----it's a strong phone, and against my better judgement, he doesn't have a case on it!

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Seems like some things were left out. How about durability? I dropped my pearl over 50 times & it worked like nothing happened. I doubt the delicate(looking) iphone would hold up under the same conditions. Also, is it true there's no shortcut for the address book? you have to flip thru all your contacts to get to one at the bottom? Then there's AT&T! Who wants to over pay for 2 years? Youtube will be on a lot of phones in the near future. (Pearl 2 has it now) You have to pay more money for all music(you're kidding). No 3rd party apps? Is that true? Not hatin, if all is true, no thanks iphone!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
    How do the speakerphone and ringtones sound compared to the pearl? How is vibrate compared to the pearl?
    Vibrate: IMO vibrate is much better on the iPhone than it is on the Pearl

Sound/Speaker: Pearl is better. The iPhone speaker is placed in an inconvenient spot, and many many times I have accidently covered it by the way I am holding it and wondering why the volume was so low or why I couldn't hear it all together.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

You can see the bottom of the iphone in this picture...To the left is where the speaker is, and to the right is where the microphone is, even though they both look like speakers, they are not.

IMO, apple would have been better off somehow integrating the speaker to the top or back of the phone.

The audio quality on the iphone sucks, especially if you are trying to use speakerphone.
    Last edited by N8DBB; 12-13-2007 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post

You can see the bottom of the iphone in this picture...To the left is where the speaker is, and to the right is where the microphone is, even though they both look like speakers, they are not.

IMO, apple would have been better off somehow integrating the speaker to the top or back of the phone.

The audio quality on the iphone sucks, especially if you are trying to use speakerphone.
    I have agree with you on that. Haha this took me like months to respond to because I have been busy with school and other things. People usually can't even hear me when my phone is on speakerphone. I can hear them just fine (maybe its just my young ears). I don't use speakerphone really at all so its not that much of a problem for me. It's either just talking on it normally or using the bluetooth. The speakers or speaker should I say aren't the greatest for just listening to music out of the phone, which would be another thing that I really don't ever have a need for.

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

I agree with some of the threads, it's really what you are looking for. To me the iphone is a toy that will go as soon as the next better gadget comes out. The Blackberry is built for communication and that's what it does best. I've used an iphone and it last 24 hours before I returned it, to e mail well forget it. Yes the iphone is a stunning thing but with all respect it's neither a cellphone nor a smart phone.
    Oh and as far as I can see whatever you want or need hasto come from apple ?!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

runner7395 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well I have had the iPhone since it came out and tonight is my last night with it. It's sold and I'm sending it out tomorrow. I have loved it but just got tired of it, like every other phone I have ever had. What do I have now?? A red Pearl and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye bye iPhone, I'm going to miss you!!!!

broch no está en línea Stack level 2

iPhone
    no push email
    no way to get email from Microsoft Exchange servers
    no secure connections (WEP in 2007/08?)
    no data encryption or device wipe
    no way to force password change, turn off camera
    no way to remotely lock and disable the device
    no way to centrally develop and enforce policy settings
    no S/MIME support
    no PGP support

and so on and so for

all the above (and much more) is supported by BB
    the real application of BB and iPhone is different (corporate vs multimedia consumer).
    With all due respect such review reminds me of my daughter when she was 4: she very much preferred her dolls over my servers.
    She was absolutely right but such comparison makes not much sense.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234