Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 How are you using it on Tmobile? Unlocked? Correct... BlackBerry Pearl forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: iPhone Vs. Pearl (Update)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    How are you using it on Tmobile? Unlocked?
    Correct

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Well thanks Nate ( i am pretty sure that is your name if i remember correctly). I think people would appreciate another point of view from someone who uses both

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Well every one has their reasons to like or hate iphone, but I'm kinda old fashion coz for me phone shouldn't be so visual and have a normal keyboard not just a touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    Well every one has their reasons to like or hate iphone, but I'm kinda old fashion coz for me phone shouldn't be so visual and have a normal keyboard not just a touchscreen.
    Well as said many times before it all depends on what you want. You seem to want a more concrete phone, which is fine its just personal preference. I prefer everything visual it is just so much easier for me which is one of the reasons I bought the iphone.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

I agree it's all about preference. And you never know the BB might come out with phones that only have touchscreens. I'm sure they will always make phones with keyboards, but touchscreens are becoming more of everyday lives. I personally wouldn't want the iPhone, I love my Pearl and everything about it.
    I also notice how a lot of people hate on the iPhone, but so many people want an iPhone theme on there Blackberry? Hehe, just kind of funny I thought.
    ~Lauren

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Seems like some things were left out. How about durability? I dropped my pearl over 50 times & it worked like nothing happened. I doubt the delicate(looking) iphone would hold up under the same conditions. Also, is it true there's no shortcut for the address book? you have to flip thru all your contacts to get to one at the bottom? Then there's AT&T! Who wants to over pay for 2 years? Youtube will be on a lot of phones in the near future. (Pearl 2 has it now) You have to pay more money for all music(you're kidding). No 3rd party apps? Is that true? Not hatin, if all is true, no thanks iphone!

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Seems like some things were left out. How about durability? I dropped my pearl over 50 times & it worked like nothing happened. I doubt the delicate(looking) iphone would hold up under the same conditions. Also, is it true there's no shortcut for the address book? you have to flip thru all your contacts to get to one at the bottom? Then there's AT&T! Who wants to over pay for 2 years? Youtube will be on a lot of phones in the near future. (Pearl 2 has it now) You have to pay more money for all music(you're kidding). No 3rd party apps? Is that true? Not hatin, if all is true, no thanks iphone!
    There is a video on you tube about the durability. It shows some guy grinding keys and knifes against the screen of the iphone and it still looks crystal clear. It also shows the guy just dropping the phone on the floor the street ect. i mean of course it scratched, but it still works fine. There is a shortcut for the address book you click on the side the first letter of the contacts name. I actually like AT&T since they have the best service around here. You don't have to pay more money you can't put music from ares or limewire on the phone. No 3rd party apps yet...........the one thing i really miss about the pearl.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Heres the vidoe: http://youtube.com/watch?v=czCCavcnNd8&feature=related

I'm rly impressed lol it can survive. But i have one question. Can you open the iphone and take the battery out? like in a normal phone?

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3

my son lost his iphone and couldnt find it until 2 days later it had been in the snow for 2 days and his girfriend ended up finding it he let it dry out for a while and it still worked no problems with it so far and thats been a week ago lolol

mrfidget no está en línea Stack level 2

As far as third party apps are concerned apple has not announced any capability on this initial version of the iphone~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well, it not allowing 3rd party apps is not completely true. If you use installer, there are plenty of 3rd party apps and tweaks, however they aren't "officially" from apple.

However, for example, the instant messaging apps don't stay logged in forever, and they don't give you any notification of new messages. That's a big pita for me and why the instant messaging for me is still always used on the berry.

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Why does a 14yr old need a BB and an iPhone?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

To each his own. If a parent wants to buy their kid an iphone, a BlackBerry™, a treo, who cares? If they can afford it and that is what they want to get, then more power to them. If you are going to use that argument, then you can just say why would any 14 year old need a cell phone anyways? Some get them for gifts, some save up their allowance money and buy the phone, some yes are probably spoiled. But what does it matter? Look at any report about the sales of cell phones and you will see that everyone within 5 years will have a cell phone. Hell, parents are getting their 10 year olds cell phones. And now especially since the more consumer based blackberrys and smartphones are coming out, people both old and young see how they are the ultimate communication tool now a days. So who cares if someone is 14 or 41? Does it matter that much? They're going to have a phone regarless, no?

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Nope.

It doesn't matter.

You're just taking what I say too seriously.

Ominx no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post

Why does a 14yr old need a BB and an iPhone?
    Maybe he was rewarded for being a smart intellectual kid. I was very impressed after reading his write-up to find out he was only 14.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast