i already have an iphone theme on my phone..but i want a ihpone today and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saoxcore no está en línea Stack level 1

iphone today theme...not downloading?

Advertisement

i already have an iphone theme on my phone..but i want a ihpone today and an iphone zen them on it... i prefer having the four or whatever options on the left side of the screen instead of a million on the screen.

when i use my DM .alx files show up, but after searching on here i found a iphone today and zen theme, but they're in .jad...and they dont show up on DM. any help?

and i just put on two .alx filed themes on my DM, and i did it the exact way i first installed my iphone theme, but when i go on my phone..they're not there.
    Last edited by saoxcore; 09-14-2008 at 03:42 AM.

shaunslastname no está en línea Stack level 2
    im not sure but isnt an .alx file for DM install while .jar and .jad are ota installs?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunslastname View Post
    im not sure but isnt an .alx file for DM install while .jar and .jad are ota installs?
    if thats the ccase, can anyone tell me how to do "ota" installs? (i just got a pearl today, so im new to this...btw i dont have internet on my phone either)

power2nv no está en línea Stack level 1
    Previous comment is correct. Btw, without a data plan, you have a brick. Hopefully you do not have Verizon. I can't imagine myself with a powerful blackberry and no data plan. Warning, it will be expensive especially if your downloading ota.

Quote Originally Posted by power2nv View Post
    Previous comment is correct. Btw, without a data plan, you have a brick. Hopefully you do not have Verizon. I can't imagine myself with a powerful blackberry and no data plan. Warning, it will be expensive especially if your downloading ota.

no i have tmobile.
    so theres no way to get those themes on the phone without a data plan?
    what if theres wifi?

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    TMO has an unlimited data plan for $20/mo. I can't imagine having any BB without a data plan!

shaunslastname no está en línea Stack level 2
    Might as well go for the data plan. As it is well worth it. An ota install is accomplished by visiting a website from your phones browser that will allow for your browser to prompt to save a file to your phone. Some surfing on the stacks will help you find another Iphone theme. Theme creators most likely will create a .alx file as well as a .jar file for ota install. In your case search for an alx file and unzip it so your dm can find it. If you have BIS you would be able to visit a website that will save the theme directly to your phone.

lol data plan..definately not worth it.
    i NEVER EVER use email.
    and i hardly browse the web, seeing as i have a computer at home.
    all i use my phone for is calling, texting, and taking pictures.

i got the other themes to work that werent loading up on my phone. and i found an iphone theme that i am satisfied with. thanks for the help guys. most helpful forum ive found.