I have just converted from an IPAQ 3715 / Nokia 6310 to a BB Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fruity no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Ipaq connectivity?

Advertisement

I have just converted from an IPAQ 3715 / Nokia 6310 to a BB Pearl and need some help.

On my old set up i was able to connect to the internet on the IPAQ via bluetooth /gprs on the Nokia. I am now trying to do the same using the Ipaq & Pearl.
    I can pair the devices but when i try to connect i get an Ipaq message saying "the requested service is not running on the BB".

Does the Pearl support this service and if so how do i enable it ?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Ipaq connectivity?

Hello Fruity and Welcome to the Stacks. I do not believe this type of connection is possible. Here is a thread for you to take a look at: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...aq_rx3715.html. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks for the welcome.
    I searched before asking the question and also came across this thread. Does the lack of GPRS connectivity also apply to the Pearl? If so this seems a major ommision on the part of RIM

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

fruity, Welcome to PinStack.

I really don't think that any Blackberry Device can act as a Bluetooth Modem for your IPAQ.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks Rcbjr,
    I am really dissapointed that this is not possible as when the phone was purchased, i was led to believe by vodafone that it could do this.
    Have to decide now how important this is to me and whether i shoud return the handset !

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What do you mean lack of GPRS capability applying to the Pearl. You have to have a BlackBerry data plan activated for any BB device to access the data network.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    What do you mean lack of GPRS capability applying to the Pearl. You have to have a BlackBerry data plan activated for any BB device to access the data network.

Rcbjr.
    I have a BB data plan and can access email and internet without problem.
    What i also want is the facility to use the phones GPRS connection and link it to my IPAQ via bluetooth so i can access internet on my larger IPAQ screen. I dont want to do away with the IPAQ as i find the calander easier to use and it also has my sat nav system installed on it.
    My old Nokia 6310i coped with this and i assumed (always dangerous!) that because the BB has Bluetooth and GPRS it would do the same.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Fruity, unfortunately, your BB will not work as a tethered modem for another PDA.