Hi there, BBFs. Long-time BlackBerry user and lurker to the BBFs, but I just registered ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mitchsurp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F0115

Question Intranet browsing on 8120?

Advertisement

Hi there, BBFs. Long-time BlackBerry user and lurker to the BBFs, but I just registered so I could ask a question regarding my 8120. I was sold on the 8120 because of its Wi-Fi capabilities.

When connected to my own home network, UMA and data works just fine, but I am not able to browse my local intranet for files. That is to say, I'm hosting a file on the LAN that I would like to install OTA on my 8120, but I can't navigate to the page.

Specifics: The file/server is at 192.168.1.64, and the BB has a device IP of 192.168.1.70. I realized only last night that the BB was connecting to my provider's proxy servers via my Wi-Fi connection, not actually using my WAN IP to grab the info.

Are there any settings or programs I can acquire to browse intranet (not internet) servers while connected to my LAN via my BB?

Running 4.3.0.115, but only because I cannot yet find a 4.5 for the 8120. I have heard reports that 4.5 disables UMA.

tl;dr version: Any apps or options that will let me browse my intranet?

Firedragon64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2576A7A6
    Goto blackberry.com and look for an application called "Blackberry Unite!". It's the only way that seems the most supported, as far as network browsing and sharing goes. You must remember that if you use the UMA service it's still using T-Mobile's internet gateways, just accesses them through your internet connection. Connecting to your intranet for files requires additional software. This software is pretty awesome though, and should easily allow you to do it, after installation you'll have something called "Download Manager" I believe, and you should be able to do it through that. Be patient with the software though, that's my advice.

mitchsurp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F0115
    Thanks for the advice, Firedragon64. As it turns out, BlackBerry added intranet support in 4.5. I just realized this last night.