I am on the AT&T network with a 8100 and I was wondering if there ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saxberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet without data plan

Advertisement

I am on the AT&T network with a 8100 and I was wondering if there was any way that I could surf the internet without paying for a data plan. I know on some phones you can just use pay per use but I can't seem to figure out how to do it for the Pearl. TIA

-Jamie

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Internet without data plan

I dont believe you can with att as i work for them maybe if you try and downloading opera and maybe changing the settings on it.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

yup i am doing it with rogers, get opera mini, after go to options, andvanced options, and TCP , ther you will need to get ur conection from provider, there was a link with collection of them floating somewhere, you can just google att APN settings, takes a few minutes to set up, the only downfall is it takes away the push from BB which is waht is is greatly known for. I had the same head ache for a long time, if a a mod could sticky it i would gladly type up a guide on how to, this would be popular for canadians here, as half a megabyte is 25 dollars.
    Last edited by GeneKam; 07-01-2007 at 04:21 AM.

davey.mac no está en línea Stack level 2

sax, i recently got internet on my pearl with att but i had to make a lot of phone calls. i wanted the mobile im program on my phone since i have the unlimited text plan and called up att to see if they would be able to send it to me since it wasn't on the phone originally. after a couple of calls i found the right person to talk to and they were able to push the MEdia net browser onto my phone so i could download it. and now that the browser's on my phone i can browse with no data plan, albeit i'm probably going to get a ridiculous bill.

all you pretty much have to do is 'sign up for the data plan' have them push the browser/register your phone. and then 20 minutes later cancel the data plan. you'll have the browsers and you'll be able to check the internet. but just check your data usage.

szefte no está en línea Stack level 1

davey.mac: could you please tell something more about the subject? I am having a similar problem - bought 8707v [vodafone uk] been trying to set it up with opera with no success. At the moment I find it ipossible to get any internet browsing as I am on a pay as you go plan. I got the handset cheap and am totally uninterested in paying monthly charge.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'd recommend at least getting a Media Net plan if you're on at&t. Per-use fees will make the BB data plan seem dirt cheap by comparison.

As you could have figured out having 8707v and being on vodafone uk means your recomendation is quite...useless

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by szefte
    As you could have figured out having 8707v and being on vodafone uk means your recomendation is quite...useless
    I think he just ignored your thread hijack. The info he gave was actually quite useful to the OP, who was inquiring about AT&T's internet service.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

gugely36 no está en línea Stack level 1

well here is my situation. I live in NAMibia and we dont have a blackberry server or network here. and we will never have 1 becaus ethe software our local cellphone provider is using is in direct competition with blackberry. so what do i do. i love my bb but i need internet and mail on it. HELP

Get rid of it. Sell it, there is no way you can use gprs/edge on a blackberry. I have already stated my opinion about it. No comments