Hi everyone im new here and i was wondering how i might check the speed ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Romeontic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24185AE5

internet speed test

Advertisement

Hi everyone im new here and i was wondering how i might check the speed of my pearl so i decided check around and found this place that offers Speed test for mobile users it was amazing cuz my pearl on att edge network run at 5 mbps

Just check it out

//i.dslr.net/tinyspeedtest.html

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: internet speed test

sorry but that's not possible. AT&T's EDGE network has a max of around 235kbps
    did you do that in Opera browser?
    that site doesn't work on my BB browser. Also says it is for iPhone or ajax able devices.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 12-29-2007 at 12:00 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

ski837547 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Romeontic View Post
    Hi everyone im new here and i was wondering how i might check the speed of my pearl so i decided check around and found this place that offers Speed test for mobile users it was amazing cuz my pearl on att edge network run at 5 mbps

Just check it out

The only way to do an accurate speed test on a Blackberry is to tether it to a computer and run the speed test on the computer. When you do speed test with the Blackberry alone, thew results are completely useless. Both Opera Mini and the Blackberry browser uses a proxy. So the results you are getting is the speed from the web site to the proxy server, it is not the speed to your phone.

ski837547 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Romeontic View Post

Just check it out

The only way to do an accurate speed test on a Blackberry is to tether it to a computer and run the speed test on the computer. When you do a speed test with the Blackberry alone, the results are completely useless. Both Opera Mini and the Blackberry browser uses a proxy server. So the results you are getting is the speed from the web site to the proxy server, it is not the speed to your phone.

Romeontic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24185AE5
    Oh im so sorry im new so i didnt know thanks for clear my mind lol but anyway i've downloaded mp3 or 3gp of 1 mb in 1 or lil more so still being fast