I know there are probably a billion threads such as this, and I apologize in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sphynx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24869D20

Internet Problems

Advertisement

I know there are probably a billion threads such as this, and I apologize in advance for it. But I'm having some serious problems with my internet, and I need to know if it's just my phone, or if it's the phone in general. I have a Pearl on T-Mobile.

The internet will quit working at random times. It has nothing to do with the signal, but it seems to do with what I do. If I try to load certain sites, it will lock up and completely kick me off of having any access to the internet for a few hours.

I'm also having trouble accessing certain sites. While I know it obviously isn't going to let me on everything, I can't log in on anything! Especially the site where I moderate from. My cousins Pearl has absolutly no problem logging on to forums, and mine refuses to.

Any idea of what might be going on? I really don't want to go have to go and get a new phone, especially since I just got this not even two weeks ago.

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Internet Problems

I was having problems at one point myself. It was a network outage. I would first call t-mo and find out about bb outage in your area. Assuming an outage is not the answer, I would also log on to you t-mo acct and reload your service books. You might even need to have one of t-mo's bb tech unload and load you back on to the network.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'll bet you're running OS4.2.1.107. I'd you revert to v4.1.0.64, I can nearly guarantee that your problem will disappear ...same as mine did. I finally lost count of how many times I had to do the good ol' BP (aka, battery pull).

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    BTW: many of your symptoms are identical to what mine were. The updated OS is seriously flawed. I believe it centers around a rogue cache, which leaks. That leakage was apparently rewriting code, since reloading the OS would cure it, for a little while.

FWIW.

Sphynx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24869D20

Okay, update the newbie on exactly how you do that. Like i said, I've only had mine a week, so I'm not exactly sure how to go about reverting things and the such.