Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got my BB yesterday. I like it, but Im noticing a few things that are ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

minameise no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet Issues

Advertisement

Got my BB yesterday. I like it, but Im noticing a few things that are really pissing me off.

First: I cannot find my browser, or DL new ringtones, or chat on AIM, or GPS. I cant find anyway of getting online period. Are there some additional fees for this or a different package I needed to get??????

Second: My software cd that came with the BB never finishes installing the drivers(or anything else). At the final steps, I always get a message reading:

Error 1720: There is a problem with this windows installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

What gives?
    Last edited by minameise; 12-12-2006 at 02:58 AM.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    first off welcome to the stacks. second do you have a bb data plan. it's needed to get web and all the cool stuff. the error I don't know someone should be along to help you soon. for that one
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Thanks for the welcome. no I don't have a data plan, but I would think the browser should be included with all the preloaded software on the phone.

s7umpy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8A20F
    The browser is included but your will only see it when your get the right package.

With the BB you need a BB data package, not sure which provider you have but with Cingular there is a BB data package which is different from other device.

Please give us some info. about your computer which OS you have. I would try to get all updates for your computer reboot it and try the install again. Also there is a new version of the desktop software available on the bb site. You could have a could have your windows installer package corupt from virus or anything else which has nothing to do with your CD that came with your pearl. Let us know what happened.

Hey how many times did I say package?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    you will need the data plan its 20 bucks addon. call tmo in the morning. as for the error sorry I can't help. hang tight someone will help you. maybe not tonight but soon. everyone here is very helpful. good luck and check in often. Btw I have family in st pete.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

I have t-mobile. Im using Windows XP sp2.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    see these guys are fast. faster than me!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    as s7 said try update then restart comp. run virus scan too

Thanks guys.

s7umpy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8A20F
    Also there is a newer version of the CD(BlackBerry desktop 4.2) here if the fixes don't work. It's about 160MB.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

PIN/ID
    ask me
    no prob when you get it fixed let us know more knowledge for all!!!!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by minameise
    I have t-mobile. Im using Windows XP sp2.
    As they said you need a "Blackberry Data Plan" (19.99) this is seperate from your voice(minutes) plan.

After you add the data plan go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now

When you add your Data plan be aware it can tae up to 48 hours for them to provision your BB on their network(for the browser to show upand recieve all your Service Books).

s7, I noticed the link you gave me looks like its only for Cingular customers. I have T mobile, would it matter if I used this version?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    nope it will work fine for you

ahh ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast