Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recently upgraded my Blackberry Pearl from the .71 version to the .73 version of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pdleung no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet Browser Not Working After Cingular Upgrade .71 to .73!

Advertisement

I recently upgraded my Blackberry Pearl from the .71 version to the .73 version of the Cingular build. At first, I did not see the Internet Browser on the home page. I finally found the browser when I hit 'Menu - Switch Applications'. However, when I select the browser, it returns a 'Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries'. I have tried resending the services books through BIS and I have tried to request the service books from Cingular through the Pearl (Settings - Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table - Menu - Register Now). To no avail. I also contacted Cingular who in turn put me in touch with RIM. RIM ran through my service books and did not notice anything peculiar that would preclude the browser from working???

Anyone else experiencing this problem with the .71 to .73 upgrade?? I also noted that the upgrade wiped my Enterprise settings, I am no longer able to retrieve my work e-mail. I have a call into my work's tech support to get the activation password. Would this have anything to do with why the browser isn't working?? The weird thing is that I have Opera installed and that browser is working fine!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Internet Browser Not Working After Cingular Upgrade .71 to .73!

Maybe there is an IT policy on your BB preventing the browser to work, maybe you are only allowed to use the MDS browser, which would have been deleted with your Enterprise Activation being wiped out.

As soon as you get back up on BES let us know if its fixed.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

I am encountering the same problem... but came across it in a different way...

I use the blackberry web service through Cingular... My ringer stopped working for some reason so they had me backup my 8100... reset all the data... then when I restored the settings I was also missing my browser.

I am able to browse through Opera... but thats it!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Any time you upgrade you must perform an EA if you're on BES. Yes, that will totally affect your service books and (Blackberry) browser.

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Any time you upgrade you must perform an EA if you're on BES. Yes, that will totally affect your service books and (Blackberry) browser.
    Takeshi... Thanks for your help... can you elaborate... what is a "EA"? Sorry if its a dumb question.

RR

pdleung no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, just got off the phone with my work's tech support. Apparently, the re-activation to my company's Blackberry Enterprise Server did the trick. The browser icon is back and the browser is working fine. Must have been some sort of restriction my company put on the services.

Wish I would of known that before spending 1.5 hours on the phone with Cingular/RIM yesterday and another 1.5 hours with them this morning!

krayzie.ghost no está en línea Stack level 1

i accidentally deleted my browser form 8100 and i did backup my phone but i didnt notice that i had already deleted it.... so is there a way to get it back or can someone help me download a new one.... your help will be greatly appreciated....

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

How did you delete it? By going to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book? or from the the Applications Screen using the menu?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Arrow Re: Internet Browser Not Working After Cingular Upgrade .71 to .73!

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    How did you delete it? By going to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book? or from the the Applications Screen using the menu?

Rcbjr.

i think it was while installing a theme..........

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Do you have an AT&T phone? Did you install the Desktop Manager software from the CD? It probably wiped all that off with a corrupted DM app.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    Do you have an AT&T phone? Did you install the Desktop Manager software from the CD? It probably wiped all that off with a corrupted DM app.
    yes i do have att, and i did install it from the cd.... is there anything i can do??? or a way to down load a new browser on to the phone.....

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

To get the most current DM - 4.3 follow this link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

To get your browser back follow this thread #13:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    To get the most current DM - 4.3 follow this link:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

To get your browser back follow this thread #13:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html
    i tryed both was you suggested and still nothing.... if you can think of anything else please let me know....

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

When you do a reboot, do you get an error? if so what error is given? Is it "Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(<Identifier>) timeout"? If so, then you will need to download the Device Software and install it on your PC. Then connect your BB to the PC and open Desktop Manager. If it tells you that there are updates for your device, accept it if not try to open Application Loader and install the Device Software that way.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    When you do a reboot, do you get an error? if so what error is given? Is it "Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor(<Identifier>) timeout"? If so, then you will need to download the Device Software and install it on your PC. Then connect your BB to the PC and open Desktop Manager. If it tells you that there are updates for your device, accept it if not try to open Application Loader and install the Device Software that way.

Rcbjr.
    thank you ill try this tomorrow and let you know how it turned out.... because i seem to not be able to use the media player as well.... like it said on the mini faq thread #7 but i still couldnt get it... ill try again tomorrow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast