hello there - am from a place where most hand helds are wap capable even ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

internet brower

Advertisement

hello there -

am from a place where most hand helds are wap capable even outside a data plan. thus i find it hard to believe why BBs need to be under a data plan where they charged an arm and a leg to register. in fact what i did was get mid level phone that has gprs capability, WAP enabled and MMS as well to access email and do some browsing and cost me a lot lot more cheaper than under a data plan. the only downside is having to carry 2 hand-helds!!

now is there a way i can re configure my 8100 pearl without having to go under a plan. any bold ideas? thanks for the help.

chopperhead

mercc79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: internet brower

Quote Originally Posted by chopperhead View Post
    hello there -

am from a place where most hand helds are wap capable even outside a data plan. thus i find it hard to believe why BBs need to be under a data plan where they charged an arm and a leg to register. in fact what i did was get mid level phone that has gprs capability, WAP enabled and MMS as well to access email and do some browsing and cost me a lot lot more cheaper than under a data plan. the only downside is having to carry 2 hand-helds!!

now is there a way i can re configure my 8100 pearl without having to go under a plan. any bold ideas? thanks for the help.

chopperhead
    Huh???????

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

no you cant operate on gprs without a BIS plan... you can on the other hand get a non BIS wap service and without voice and use voip....and get online via opera but you wont beable to dl

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Sorry dude, if you want internet you need to purchase a plan. There are no loop holes, all of them I been closed.

You have to remember the blackberry is a totally different device from any other phone. Requires a certain data plan and the RIM servers for everything. Maybe a blackberry isn't the device for you? I'm pretty sure that the other "data" plans for other phones are much cheaper. It's just the way the system works.

I use well over my $20 dollars that I pay for data. I average about 100mb to 90mb a month. Totally worth it. So it's either pay up or no internet. A long time back you could just buy a WAP plan and just use Opera, but I'm pretty sure they closed that loop hole on all the networks since they do frequent the forum. Sorry for the bad news. It's all we got.

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

thqnks a lot