I'm a new Blackberry user. Got the Pearl from my wife for as a Christmas ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

aidan no está en línea Stack level 2

Internet Access? Nation wide affect?

Advertisement

I'm a new Blackberry user. Got the Pearl from my wife for as a Christmas present. First I just want to say thanks for the cool forum.

I've been having problems with getting the browser to appear on the phone. When I went back to the Cingular vendor, the phone was on the EDGE network and the browser appeared. I haven't registered with blackberry at that point. I didn't know I had to. Assuming everything was working fine, I left the place. As I was driving home, I was no longer on the EDGE network but was on the GSM. That's when the browser disappeared again.

Today, I went back to the vendor, and created the BIS account and resent the service books. It's been 4 hours and nothing has changed.
    I called the manager and he said he talked to the tech and was told that the network was down (nation wide). You can send emails but can't receive, so I wasn't able to receive my service books.

If you are having problems accessing the internet or receiving email and you're on the Cingular plan, please let me know if you're experiencing the same problem. I'm going insane trying to play around with this phone.

Thanks!!!

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Welcome to the Stack!

Thanks for the info on the Cingular Network! Although I am a VZW subscriber, I am sure the Cingular subscribers will appreciate your help!!!

Again, welcome to the Stacks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks! but can someone answer my question?
    It's a new phone and i'm annoyed with it already.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    aidan, Welcome to PinStack.

What indication of the type of service do you see when on the home screen? Does it say GSM, gprs, edge, GPRS, EDGE or Data Connection Refused? If you have GPRS or EDGE, go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table and open the menu. Select Register Now and Click on the Rollerball.

After you receive the Network Registration Message, do a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in).

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Ok, thanks guys, but I finally got it. My wife added a new number hence a new SIM Card with the BB plan. They told her I can still use my old SIM Card with the BB Pearl. However, the old SIM Card with the old number does not have the BB plan, so I was only able to use the phone for other things besides internet access. So I switched back to the new SIM Card and did everything you guys told me to do and it's working now. I got the EDGE network instead of the GSM. If I wanted to continue to use my old phone number then I would have to add the BB plan to it.
    Thanks guys and sorry for all the confusion. I'm beginning to like this phone a lot. I have a lot of catching up to do. This might be the phone I'll keep for awhile. Now where are all the goodies!!