i was considering getting that unlimited data package for the blackberry but i was curious ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

keatondonald no está en línea Stack level 1

internet

Advertisement

i was considering getting that unlimited data package for the blackberry but i was curious as to how the internet actually looks on the phone? does it look like it does on every other cell phone or does it like like the semi-real internet?

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: internet

it's not like the internet on a pc obviously, but it's not the crappy version you may see on a basic cell phone either. soon enough it will be more like what you see on the iPhone commercials where it's more like the real internet.

it's mobile, and sometimes a little tedious to navigate or load times, but if you want internet and all the capabilities a blackberry has to offer you might as well get it!! otherwise you just have a cell phone with the blackberry logo on it.

yeah i knew that. without internet this thing is just a phone. is it fast bc i've heard nothing but dreadful things about cingular's edge

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

If you are used to DSL or Cable Modem speeds, no, the EDGE network is not fast. But you can't watch streaming video on the phone, anyway, so you really don't notice it too much.

If you are using it to check MySpace, or ebay, sometimes its frustrating cramming all that stuff into a mobile phone's screen.

If you are checking forums like Pinstack, it actually works extremely well.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

It's nothing like broadband, but it works well. Especially for WAP/mobile sites. Most site have mobile sites nowdays. If you're trying to load a fully html page it may take a while and then it might be all jumbled depending on the page.

Most of the time you won't be surfing. You'll be using Google Maps, and all sorts of third party applications that use the internet instead. Or you can just use the pinstack loader to surf on here from your phone.

tj2311111 Guest

BTW I reccommend Opera Mini when you get the data plan. Its the most realistic you will get to a computer internet look, feel, and use.

alright sweet. i appreciate everyone's help

Dondada no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20528E5D
    Some sites are almost identical while others aren't. You also can't view net video.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

correct...that takes firefox or IE and the BB has neither also some sites give you the option of viewing them in cell-phone mode for easier loading

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

you can also play around with the configuration of the Blackberry browser to see what works best for you.

squidbutt no está en línea Stack level 2

only problem with opera mini is you cant dl ota thigns with it and it will alaways sign me off of myspace