Do you have to unlock your pearl To use it internationally? I plan on going ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bariume0101 no está en línea Stack level 1

international use with pearl

Advertisement

Do you have to unlock your pearl To use it internationally? I plan on going to Asia and buying a prepaid Sim card

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Re: international use with pearl

Quote Originally Posted by bariume0101
    Do you have to unlock your pearl To use it internationally? I plan on going to Asia and buying a prepaid Sim card
    If you bought a locked pearl you have to unlock it to use with other sim cards than the one's of your carrier.

Are you sure you will be able to use the pearl there? Do they use GSM?
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

c13tay no está en línea Stack level 2

wont work in Japan - needs to be quadband and 3G for there

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Pearls are quad band and will work in Asia if your carrier can. Ask them. Yes, it needs to be unlocked if you want to use another sim than your carrier's.

bariume0101 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks so much. I am going to thailand,
    hong Kong and Shanghai. How do you unlock the phone and do you lose any features if you unlock it?

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

HI if your phone is unlocked you will not lose any themes as they are fixed to the os and definately get another chip for phone calls as roaming charges are crazy , but you will not be able to collect your mails with another chip unless you use gmail with wap

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by bariume0101
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks so much. I am going to thailand,
    hong Kong and Shanghai. How do you unlock the phone and do you lose any features if you unlock it?
    Since your using Tmobile they will unlock it. You have to be with them for 90 days and your payments on time. If you meet the qualifications, Call 611 and tell customer service that you want to unlock your phone as your traveling overseas. Give Them the IMEI# its listed in your phone. Go to options then click on status. Give them an email address and they will send it less than 5 days later.

I have unlocked 5 phones this way...No problems. If you are not at 90 days yet, send me a private message with your IMEI# (make sure its correct or you will have problems) I will call and get the unlock code for you and PM you with the instructions.