Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I started noticing this the first time I started using cingular data capable phones. Just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

athomas917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Interference with my Car Radio

Advertisement

I started noticing this the first time I started using cingular data capable phones. Just don't ever sit your phone on a powered subwoofer thats on and forget about it. The feedback will scare the **** out of you if you're not expecting it.

gopback no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had this same problem. My Pearl seems to make all electronic devices in my room go crazy. My computer speakers start popping and making the weird "morse code" noise. Even stranger, it really screwed my ipod up. The ipod will start turning its own volume up and down, switch music, and in general go haywire. And now I've noticed it affecting my TV!

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3

~via BB(wap.pinstack.com)~well the pearl is a very jealous type... If you are paying too much attention to another device it tends to do that!! :P

Colininco no está en línea Stack level 2

Try gigging with a band playing bass... 4 10's, 2 12's and 2 15's and tons of juice pushing pushing em... then a phone call, DEAR GOD! I thought my ears would never recover...

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

My Razr used to do it all the time just before it started to ring. My computer would go nuts if I had it on my desk in my office. My BB doesn't give it the same issues, but then again I keep it in the Holster on my desk. When it happens, though, its definitely the same noise.

I had to attend a seminar for work a few weeks back. They had asked everyone to turn off their cellphones because of the issue. Right in the middle of the speaker's presentation, that noise went out over the loudspeakers. Like nails down a chalkboard when its that loud.

It was the presenter's BB. He left it in his jacket pocket, which is where the conference IT people had tossed the transmitter for his wireless microphone.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

LOL...there's always one!

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

I have had a Nokia 5860, Motorola Razr and now the Pearl and they have all interferred with the radio or computer speakers if they are near. Gets annoying sometimes, but I just turn them off until it finishes.

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5

I can explain why....

GSM uses what is known as time division multiplexing as does Nextel. Verizon or Sprint uses CDMA which is frequency multiplexing.

Frequency multiplexing, allows constant communication with the tower.

The noise all stems from you can only have so many phones talking to the tower at the same time. Using Time division multiplexing your phone as an assigned millisecond it can talk to the tower and has a window of use. So when your phone bursts its data, it does so "fast and loud". Since it is a cyclical time it eminates sine waves which will interfere with non-shielded speakers. This will be a problem as long as your speakers are not magnetically shieled.

I hope I didn't get too technical, and hope this explains it.
    Last edited by tom_vachon; 08-27-2007 at 02:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12