Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone else get interference between the Pearl and their car stereo. I have my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2

Interference with my Car Radio

Advertisement

Does anyone else get interference between the Pearl and their car stereo. I have my pearl mounted on the dash so that I can use it as a GPS, and every 5 minutes or so, the radio makes a 10 second long sound that sounds like someone is typing morse code.

VERY DAMN ANNOYING!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Interference with my Car Radio

I had this problem when I had a GSM phone too... This means the phone is receiving information...
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

iamlee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF5DC2

Sn1per is correct.. BB pearl is constantly receiving data from the network and you will get aliens tapping into your car radio.. Best bet to stop this is wear tin foil around your head so they can't read your mind =X

Jerk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242392b9

All cell phones will cause interference with TV's and radios~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Jerk never had any interference since I use a DMA device interference is depending on the frequency used by the network
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

It is not so much with the radio as much as it is with the output signal to a speaker in the vicinity. You will get the same feedback from time to time if your BB or Cell is next to your computer or laptop. Try moving you BB around the car farther away from one of your speakers to see if this has any difference in feedback.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

I have seen this only with Cingular devices, but i'm sure there are others
    I'm not sure about the Pearl but with the 8700c the 'morse code' corresponds to when the device sends or recieves data. If you look at the send/recieve arrows in the top right hand of the screen the noise will occur when they are there. I'm not sure there is a solution. I have notice that electronics that are newer and have better sheilding don't seem to have the problem. My new TV is unaffected but we have an older one at work and it is affected if i'm too close to it. My iPod isn't affected, but if i hook up an iTrip to it ad play it through my radio it is affected.

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2

Well....I'm in a Silverado CrewCab, and the phone is right next to the radio, so it's a good 3 ft from either speaker. Oh well, I guess I'm stuck with the damn morse code if I want to use GPS.

Jerk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242392b9

Did you just call me jerk?
    Oh, wait nevermind.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

I have a set of speakers here at work that catch the data in/out from my boss' cellphone which is over 50 feet away, it's subtle but it's there ( he has the HTC 2125)

on my old RAZR i only got some static when i got an incoming or outgoing call, but with this new pearl i have to keep my phone on the other side of my office to keep that data from having a continuous drum n bass set blasting in my office.

iamlee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF5DC2

yeah pretty much data in and out will make the interference in speakers hooked up to a radio/computer.. when on the road i'd advise to wear tin foil around your head so the aliens breaking the interference dont read your mind

stacyd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E5B2B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stacyd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E5B2B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this happens with GSM phones couse of the frequency. But gsm is still the best.besides u can freak people out couse that noice happens just before a call or message is comeing through, so as soon as u here that u can say "oh someones calling me" and they say "wow man howd u know"

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

I enjoy watching my monitor go crazy everytime I get an email/msg/phonecall :P!

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by ericugs
    I enjoy watching my monitor go crazy everytime I get an email/msg/phonecall :P!
    It's not the phones fault, but the monitor's. It's all about cables used. If they are of poor quality the device will be influenced by mobiles.

this happens with GSM phones couse of the frequency. But gsm is still the best.besides u can freak people out couse that noice happens just before a call or message is comeing through, so as soon as u here that u can say "oh someones calling me" and they say "wow man howd u know"
    Frequency has nothing to do with it. Simply the cables nee screening. If they don't get any screening they 'receive' the waves.

Just go to a good shop with audio devices and buy some good, screened cables for your audio device at home. You will learn, that no matter howmuh data your BB sends or receives there will be no interference.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast