Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cingular won't even offer insurance on a smart phone. Sucks.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Cingular won't even offer insurance on a smart phone. Sucks.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BLACK ICE~
    $110 deduc. for a CELLPHONE ??? that is CRAZY!

The deductable for a plain cell phone is only $40. There are three levels of deductables, $40, $70 and $110.

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    The deductable for a plain cell phone is only $40. There are three levels of deductables, $40, $70 and $110.
    I guess I know what level I am in

I guess that means DONT LOSE IT OR BRAKE IT!!!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    If you break it, just go buy a new one, swap out the insides, then take it back to wherever you bought it from and say "this thing is broken and it sucks, and I don't trust you so give me my money back".

Hahahaha...I am kidding...Don't try it...Trust me...

~BLACK ICE~ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e224ba
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    If you break it, just go buy a new one, swap out the insides, then take it back to wherever you bought it from and say "this thing is broken and it sucks, and I don't trust you so give me my money back".

how do you think I have extra parts LMAO j/k hahaha

wylien no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2138DBF2
    chek this out - about a year and a half ago, when you couldn't get a motorola razr v3 for less than $250, i got one cause it was the IN mobile device. now, my v3 is a bit broken and i decided to buy a new bb pearl instead of replacing it with another (very cheap now) v3 because it is getting outdated and there are better phones out now. never got insurance and was able to buy this new phone on the money i would have been spending on insurance.

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    I don't trust insurance...
    THey always give me a hard time.
    I say forget insurance, and buy a new phone when you break your old one...

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB

that could work only if it's something inside that's broken from an accident, otherwise you can just use the warranty.

I had a girlfriend slam a phone I had to the ground (carpet) because she was mad at me. No cosmetic damage, it just didn't work anymore. Took it back and exchanged it under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by jailbaitryan
    I don't trust insurance...
    THey always give me a hard time.
    I say forget insurance, and buy a new phone when you break your old one...
    i say don't buy insurance but jsut be careful with your stuff.

accidents happen to our stuff, but i think if you are careful enough, in case a fluke accident does occur and you need to pay to replace it, in the end it'll still be much cheaper than not being careful and purchasing all that insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    in the end it'll still be much cheaper than not being careful and purchasing all that insurance.

The thing about insurance is "THE TIME FRAME" when the item breaks or is lost/stolen.

Lets do some math and add some facts to this thread.

If you just bought something and it costs $350 to replace and lose it after only a couple weeks/months, insurance is very worthwhile and saves you hundreds.

At $72 a year for insurance thru TMobile, even after a full year and adding the $110 deductable, its still saving you money. Only $182 for a replacemnt Pearl, much less than buying a new one with out insurance.

Also using the above amounts, even after TWO YEARS, its only $254 counting the deductable. Still much less than just the buying a new one without insurance.

Around the two year point the benefits of insurance start to wean as the Pearls price would be lower. I might drop the insurance at the two year mark or around there as the value of having insurance is diminished.

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    When it comes to it.
    Its up to you as if you don't have insurance and something happens its money out of you pocket but the bb may be cheap by then if you do you may be paying more then the bb is worth

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    The thing about insurance is "THE TIME FRAME" when the item breaks or is lost/stolen.

Lets do some math and add some facts to this thread.

If you just bought something and it costs $350 to replace and lose it after only a couple weeks/months, insurance is very worthwhile and saves you hundreds.

At $72 a year for insurance thru TMobile, even after a full year and adding the $110 deductable, its still saving you money. Only $182 for a replacemnt Pearl, much less than buying a new one with out insurance.

Also using the above amounts, even after TWO YEARS, its only $254 counting the deductable. Still much less than just the buying a new one without insurance.

Around the two year point the benefits of insurance start to wean as the Pearls price would be lower. I might drop the insurance at the two year mark or around there as the value of having insurance is diminished.
    I always think longterm, longer than just the timeframe of owning one device.

I have owned 7 devices over 7 years. Never bought insurance on any of them. i was careful with them. I only ONCE had an accident where I got the phone replaced, but it was by warranty anyway. But let's say that it's awsn't replaced by warranty.

7 devices over 7 years. 1 claim that if it did cost me, would have cost me $300. How much insurance would I ahve had to pay for 7 devices over 7 years? a lot more than $300, and including the deductible, it would definitely be a waste.

There's the math for you...being careful saves you more than insurance.

carelessness costs money. Whether you get the insurance or not, it's still more expensive than just being careful in the first place.

You take the high road, I will take the low one.

I find the insurance a good deal and will gladly pay $6 a month. $1.50 a week, $ 0.20 or so cents a day for it over approx. the first two years where the insurance is PROVEN to save me money if a problem in my own real life situation.

After the two years when the insurance will not save me anything, I will drop it.

You can be as careful as you want but nothing stops an ACCIDENT. Noone wants to get in an auto crash, its an ACCIDENT.

jkrums no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317CBE4F
    here is my thought....

I travel internationally quite often - so be as carefull as you like things are bound to happen. On my way out of the country for nearly a month i broke my IPAQ PDA-phone. Granted - this was my dumb luck. I now had to source a repair or replacement for the phone while i was on the road. I figured that repair would not be too expensive if I needed it and had no insurance. Long story short - about a month and a half later i had a PDA-phone again.

Hindsight - if I had the insurance they would have shipped the replacement to the hotel I was staying in - I would not have had to pay a lot of money to repalce a screen (for example) and I would have been back in business sooner.

My recommendation - take the insurance. Too much can go wrong with these advanced devices. Do you really want to have to potentially pay a lot of money because you miscalculated how much it would cost you. In a time like i had -- you will be glad you did.

Thirstee no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think the $42 @ safeware.com is a good deal. No deductible, no questions. 11 months in and lost or damaged, with safeware you spent $42, with T-Mo you spent $110 + 66 or $176. MAkes sense to me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast