My Pearl took a crap on me and I am going to have to file ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lornehough no está en línea Stack level 1

Insurance Claim Question

Advertisement

My Pearl took a crap on me and I am going to have to file an insurance claim to get a new one. I have the phone through T-mobile, who uses Asurion for insurance. This is my 4th Pearl and I am kinda sick of dealing with the problems I have had with them. I was just wondering if anyone has, or knows anyone who has tried to choose a different replacement phone other than the original phone purchased when processing the claim. I was wondering if such a thing would be possible, or what the concequences might be. I am really hoping to get the curve and would appreciate any help you guys can give.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Insurance Claim Question

not gonna happen im with sprint who use Asurion and they will only replace the same model phone

PIN/ID

your best bet would be to call your retention dept and state your case to them and at least you can get a discount

do you know anyone who has done that? if so, what kind of a discount did they get?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Well the discount depends on how long you have been in your current contract and if you are eligible for things like rebates or not. Why are you filing a claim as insurance? If you have more than 2 claims per 12 month period with Asurion, they will cancel your insurance.

If you warranty the phone with T-mobile, then you have a chance to exchange for another model. Just let them know that you are unhappy with the device and this is the 4th time you are having to replace it. You might get lucky and get a rep that is willing to do so for you. Not sure what they can or will exchange it for.

I am about 8 months into a 2 year contract with T-mobile, and have had my current phone for about 3 months. I figured I would have to file an insurance claim because I have had the phone for that long. For some reason certian buttons on the phone stopped functioning, when I press them nothing happens but for no reason and at random times they seem to press themselves. When I am talking on the phone it sounds like my 1 year old has it in his hands and is pushing randon buttons. I pay the 5.99 a monty for insurance, but i am not sure what you mean by having a warranty with t-mobile.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

Seems like you have water damage....
    anyways, what I did when I was in a similar situation was upgrading to a better phone and replacing my current contract with a new one.... I was only 3 mos into that contract and it saved me the trouble of filing a claim... it was also with T-Mobile... Good luck with that...
    riff raff

PIN/ID

i kept having problems with my 7130 i went to retention and they gave me 250 off of my 8830 so i only paid $300 for it i wasnt eligibile for any discounts but if you talk to the right person they can make it happen and with Asurion its not 2 its 3 replacements

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3

just a quick food for though, if you have AT&T wireless, they wont cover a Blackberry ANYTHING since its a "pda" so if youre paying for insurance for it, save your bucks!!!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Once you get your insurance replacement phone, you can sell it on eBay as a NIB phone, then use the proceeds to buy something else. After you get it and activate it, you can switch your plan insurance to the new phone.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

tootie8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me

PDA'S are only covered by your house insurance.....

t.brock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by tootie8 View Post

i agree, cause i had to contact att about my pin number for my gps, and they took my ins. off my plan, and gave me credit for the money that i had spent on ins. for my pearl, and they applied it to my bill....
    Thumbs must hurt....
    Crackberry addict........
    Give the lazy man a hard job to do, and he will find the easy way to do it!!!

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

Quote Originally Posted by tootie8 View Post
    what do u mean by "your house insurance"?