Hi all, I did a search of the forums, and couldn't find anything relating to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

christie11rn no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up 'Insufficient space for application' DST Patch

Advertisement

Hi all,

I did a search of the forums, and couldn't find anything relating to this topic, so thought i'd draw on the expertise here.
    With the Daylight Savings changed to earlier, BB Cingular requires a patch to be downloaded and installed to correct the time.. otherwise, all of my appts and meetings show up at screwy times. (Pearl 8100)
    I tried to download the patch per the instructions and get the message 'Insufficient space for application'.
    Although i know what that means... I'm not quite sure why there wouldn't be enough space on my BB as it is not loaded or anything .. no music, 2 additional ringtones, one additional app. I do not have a SD Card, but still don't see why there wouldn't be space.

Also having issues with email, I have 2 mailboxes showing up on my pearl for the same email addy... have gone through the 'personal email setup' part and made sure there was only one listed... any other suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time!
    Christie

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: 'Insufficient space for application' DST Patch

Hello Christie and Welcome to the Stacks.

For starters, do a battery pull reset (take out the battery with the BB on then hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds before putting the battey back in.

Secondly, go into Options/Advanced and delete all the language applications that you don't need.

Follow that up with another battery pull reset and you should be ok.

Let us know how you make out.

Ok... I'm a little scared now... after doing the battery pull and deleting languages, did another battery pull, and after restart, all browsers were missing, and email boxes were all messed up.. couldn't get anything to really work right, so i did a hard reset by doing a 'wipe'... now, browsers are still missing, and previously loaded program is still on there.. very confused at this point as to what to do.

was able to resolve.. i did a power restart and reconfig'd email, and browser is back and email is functional. Will update regarding DST ...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Christie, go to Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now. That'll resend your service books (including your browser). To move your email boxes back, press Alt+Click while over the icon you want to move and you can move it to where you want it. Repeat as necessary.

When you say the "previously loaded program is still on there", what are you referring to?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Awesome. Let us know how the rest of it works out.

OK. all good. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I didn't have to resend service books, that was where I was heading to do if the power reset didn't fix it. It wasn't that i needed to 'move' the email boxes, it was they were showing up in duplicate for some reason?

The previously loaded program was shape IM - i was surprised after the 'Wipe' that it, and my themes were still loaded? seems odd to me..

Either way, it 'seems' all is good and it's all fixed.

Thanks for the help ljb, much appreciated. I'm usually a reader not a poster but was getting a bit desperate

Christie

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Glad to hear Christie! Let us know anytime we can help.