Hello! I have a Pearl 8100 on AT&T, and I want to get everyone's opinion ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

momma21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Instant Messenger on Pearl

Advertisement

Hello! I have a Pearl 8100 on AT&T, and I want to get everyone's opinion the what the best AIM instant messenger would be. I would like to find a free one or a lost one-time cost one. I am currently using WebMessenger, which it CONSTANTLY logs me off and erases all my conversation history. I've tried Ramble and it would always come up with some error. I wish the Pearl could us AOL's version of AIM but apparantely you can't use it on AT&T's branded version. So everyone, give me your opinion!! Thanks!!!

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use the OZ messanger that came with the pearl... its great, it has AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and one other one and it works great.... i have t-mobile but i think the OZ messanger is on all the pearls but i could be wrong

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Momma (Giggle), I use Jive talk my self, a one time charge of 29.99 to have it on what ever blackberry you have, but only one at a time, it has a 30 day free trial, you have to set the APN for yor carrier. Options>Advanced Options>TCP. I don't know what it is for AT&T though.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by jd885 View Post
    I use the OZ messanger that came with the pearl... its great, it has AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and one other one and it works great.... i have t-mobile but i think the OZ messanger is on all the pearls but i could be wrong

I don't think OZ works on AT&T, and if it does it uses SMS or Text so is slower and can cost you if you don't have unlimited SMS
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ya it uses SMS... but i have an unlimited text plan... but why wouldnt it work for AT&T ?? carriers are wierd.. but pda.teck is right jive talk is cool

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by jd885 View Post
    ya it uses SMS... but i have an unlimited text plan... but why wouldnt it work for AT&T ?? carriers are wierd.. but pda.teck is right jive talk is cool
    I am not 100% on it not working with AT&T, but in some of the threads AT&T customers are having isuess with one of the Messaging softwares being blocked by the carrier. I think it is OZ
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

nite_vison no está en línea Stack level 1
    so far, although setup is slow, Im lovn mig33

deol no está en línea Stack level 2
    OZ works on AT&T. I have a pearl and used OZ before I purchased JiveTalk. You will want to go to your medianet browser in order to d/l OZ IM. As others stated, it does use SMS/Text to send. Otherwise, JiveTalk uses Data and allows you to connect to multiple IM's at one time.

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Hey All,

The one I've enjoyed the most is: WebMessenger 2.6
    It allows me to import my MSN, AIM, ICQ, etc contacts into one service. It was completely FREE.
    Only downfall, you get automatically logged in whenever you restart/start up your berry, which in turn will disconnect your CPU's (home, work, etc) from the IM Service.

Hope you find one you like--it just adds to the addiction!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Have a look at this thread... It'll help you make your own decision.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...g_clients.html

Personally I used nimbuzz for months before I started using JiveTalk. It works good and has all the features that I want... But I have a problem paying for software, but in the end I broke down and did it.

pinoiryder no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2479F435
    do you need the data plan in order for the jivetalk to work? anyone knows where to get the OZ messenger?