Hello, I need a recommendation, I have tired quiet a few applications for Instant Messaging. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gqnyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E627BC

Question Instant Messaging Recommendation

Advertisement

Hello,

I need a recommendation, I have tired quiet a few applications for Instant Messaging. I mostly use AIM, I have tried Ramble, IM+, OZ & Yak-On. Here is the problem I found on these applications.

Ramble - Great Application, but disconnects me from time to time
    IM+ - Great Application, but disconnects me from time to time
    Yak On - This application seems to have quiet few bugs, not bad.

I don't know what is causing the disconnection of the app it usually happens when I place a call and then hang up. It reconnects I don't know if it is normal with BlackBerry Devices. Im just looking for an application similar to the one like the Sidekick. If someone can help me out and make a recommendation of what app I should use for AIM it would be greatly appreciated . I thank you guys so much, since I have joined this forum. I learned alot about the RIM Devices. I read some information about using GoogleTalk for AIM. How does that work, can anyone private message me or let me know what I have to do to configure it to work that way. Also is it normal??? To reconnect to AIM...The application is running in the background if I place a call or recieve a call and answer when I hang up it reconnects, this happens to several apps I used on the Blackberry????

Thanks,
    GQ NYC

theroadkill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    UponRqst

Thumbs up Re: Instant Messaging Recommendation

IM+ seems to be the best multi-client program even at the $49.95 (one time fee ). The reason it disconnects, at least on average, is that it is using a Data Connection (versus SMS.) Most phones can't do voice and data at the same time (so if you are on the phone, you can't browse a site or IM via data etc). IM+ in my limited experience (esp on the custom Pearl 8100 edition :-)) is pretty good at automatically reconnecting when it can get a data connection. Hope that helps.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: Instant Messaging Recommendation

This is because your phone can't send/recieve calls and transmit other data at the same time.

It's exactly the same premise as other cell phones not receiving TXT or PICs while you are on a call.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by gqnyc

Ramble - Great Application, but disconnects me from time to time

Im just looking for an application similar to the one like the Sidekick.
    with ramble, if you go to options>ramble im, change the connect to use device tcp. with my connection like that i never get disconnected. give it another try.

right now they are actually working with AOL to create an AIM program for blackberry very similar to the one on the sidekicks. hang tight, its coming sometime

trevis_808 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e8e337

i dont even know how to load anything on my pearl

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by trevis_808
    i dont even know how to load anything on my pearl
    refer back to your post and answer those questions so we can help ya out

Clintny25 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204b93b6

Where can i gwet OZ software to download for my 8100 BB pearl
    Please e mail me the OZ software or send it OTA to my Device 646-996-7426 It is a T-mobile Phone,, I work at Tmobiel Corporate Office
    thatnk you

yarraguzmn no está en línea Stack level 1

i got a even better one for you..its kinda time consumin to do..(well not really)...but wellll worth...best im service ive had on my BB...ive had ramble and OZ and they both suck...but you should try using google talk hacked for aim...best free IM so far...

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by yarraguzmn
    should try using google talk hacked for aim...best free IM so far...

If you can get it to work. I know a few that spent an hour++ or so fooling with all the steps required, downloading the needed additional programs, etc.... It also only works if you can manage to get it to work and have a PC.

IM+ supports every IM provider available, can be set to show all contacts from all providers on one screen or in tree format by provider, works very reliably and $50 for lifetime updates is very worth it IMO. IM+ also has the most adjustable options that I have seen.