alright so i am a little confused. i love my bb and i love how ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bberry124 no está en línea Stack level 2

"instant" e-mail question

Advertisement

alright so i am a little confused. i love my bb and i love how it has handled my email. the question is why every review and person i talk to claim that it is instant when you recieve something. i have 2 e-mail accounts which are both connected to my bb (one is an e-mail address i recieved from my university and the other is a .mac address). my phone does not receive email from either of them instantly; it takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for them to get to my phone. It is really no big deal but i was just wondering if maybe i have not set something up correctly.

thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: "instant" e-mail question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That sounds about right. if you had a @blackberry.net email it would be instant and my @mycingular.blackberry.com email gets to me almost instantly. But hotmail and yahoo take a few minutes.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

my blackberry email is INSTANT, but my gmail is about a 5 second delay...

Prioryman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E335B

I have 4 emails accounts comming in. On Vodafone UK the BT emails arrive 5 10 seconds after being posted. The work email account takes about 10 minutes. The free email accounts take about 2/3 minutes, so it depends on the main server pushing them. At the end of the day your getting them regardless..... John

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I am just using the @sprint.blackberry.net email and sometimes it takes 30-45 min for it to be pushed to my BB, I tried it from my computer and a friends phone. Is there any reason for that? Server busy? I was in a coverage area.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

My gmail and blackberry email is instant. I get it before my computer gets it.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

I would say mines shows only a few seconds of lag time. But my main concern is will I get my emails. And since I do its no biggie!

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    Got it

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE

Speed of delivery for POP email also depends on whether you are using BES or BIS service.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I depends on coverage, load on the mail servers, which mail server you're using, where the mail is coming from, and a host of other factors. The majority of the time, my blackberry.net address and my gmail are instant. Sometimes it's up to 10 minutes. Usually my blackberry will go off for gmail before GoogleTalk even notifies me!
    So, all in all, not much can be done to speed up delivery aside from using an account on a fast server and staying in an area of good coverage.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

I have 2 accounts on my Pearl (same cable server) and when I send an email from one to the other it comes to my pc but not to the BB. Ever. My wife has an account (not on my Pearl) and when she sends email to me it goes to the pc but not to the Pearl. Is there some setting I need to change? I get Pearl mail from friends on the cable server just fine, just not from my 3 acounts. Wazzup with that?

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Followup. I talked to the tmob cs dude yesterday. He had me change a setting in tools/advanced in Outlook Express so that email would be forwarded to the handset. Now it works.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

My BB email is just about instant but the Gmail app takes a few seconds sometimes (not always).

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have seen my yahoo mail hit my BB before I see it in my pc inbox. Sometimes it takes a few seconds, rarely more than a minute.
    Gmail seems slower, not sure if its true tho.

spanisholive no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey guys,
    also have the pearl, i direct my gmail and bberry email to it. for the first few weeks all my email arrived almost instantaneously.
    the girlfriend forgot to mail our payment in to cingular & we had our service disconnected for a few hours until i had it cleared up. now it takes anywhere from 10-45min to get my emails to the gmail (the more important of the two.) the phone blows up with like 10+plus emails at a time. can i erase the gmail account from the phone and re-setup up in hopes of fixing the issue? any help would be great. thanks