I've downloaded 3 Plazmic themes and installed them on my Pearl. I can't select the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Phillbis no está en línea Stack level 2

Installing Plazmic Themes

Advertisement

I've downloaded 3 Plazmic themes and installed them on my Pearl. I can't select the themes when choosing Options > Themes. I've searched the forum and found I have to change the permissions to allow and reset. I've done that and the themes still don't show up under Options > Themes. I attempted to download the Plazmic theme reader but the milenniastudio site stated that I shouldn't downlod it to the Pearl as it has its own theme reader. Do I still need this installed? I'm confused.

Thanks!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Installing Plazmic Themes

Hi Phillbis,

With the Pearl there is no need to install the theme reader file. That file is built into the Pearl's os (operating system).

Try simply pulling the battery out and let the phone re-start. After the phone turns back on the themes should be available by going to the spot you mentioned above.

options>Themes.

enjoy the themes.

Phillbis no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The battery pull didn't fix this. Am p missing something?

ladymedic no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Installing Plazmic Themes

I am having similar problems...I have downloaded several plazmic themes, and install them, and when I go into options>themes, I see that theme name but it does not load. I have not tried the permissions change, I read about it, but was confused on how and where to make those changes, and I have not tried the battery pull either...any advice? Thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ladymedic welcome to pinstack

try the battery pull first. if that doesn't work, post back here what OS you are running (options/about - third line down) and what version plazmic theme reader you have (options/advanced options/applications
    then click menu and choose modules
    find com_plazmic_themereader

what version is it?

ok tried the battery, still the same. In themes it says the name but will never show a preview and will not load the theme. plazmic is vs 1.1.0.14, and I believe I have 4.2 for bb software...but I am not sure that I followed those instructions right, so I will read your post again and check and let you know, thanks

my third line down in options>about says v4.2.1.96(platform 2.3.0.78)

PIN/ID
    ATA

how are you downloading the themes? OTA or thru desktop manager?

I am downloading the zip and using desktop manager, I do not have the ability to use ota at this time. I have had success with other themes. As in I download the zip, extract, then use desktop manager and select the file, then finish, and when I go in to options>themes I see the name a preview shows and then I can activate it and have no problems. Not so with plazmic, I do all that but then the preview never shows and it does not activate that them.

PIN/ID
    ATA

what do you mean other themes then? what sort of other themes are you talking about? where did you get them? the only way to change themes is to download plazmic themes...no other kind of theme will work.

most i have found here, but they don't all say plazmic so I assumed they were different. I got them from the 8100/pearl themes link on the download tab from the home page of pinstack. I am sorry if i dont make much sense, I am new to bb. I can't wait till I can add a bb plan to my cell service, but that is about a month away!! grr....

my plazmic shows 2 different vs. actually 1.1.0.14 and 4.2.1.96 just like my bb software vs. that is in 2 different places, the way that cherri told me to find it and in the application permissions tab.