trying to install opera mini. desktop manager wants to delete the API Library. i don't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zta
    zta no está en línea Stack level 2

Installing Opera Mini: DM, API Library, OTA

Advertisement

trying to install opera mini. desktop manager wants to delete the API Library. i don't know what this is but i don't think i want to delete it (?). if i download directly to the phone instead does it delete the API Library that way too?

also: do i need to reinstall the daylight savings patch after every new software added. the DM wants to delete this too... thnks

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Installing Opera Mini: DM, API Library, OTA

Zta, if you load operamini OTA, you won't have any issues like that. Also, you don't need to add the DST patch everytime you load software. I hope that helps.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I dont use the DM to load apps because it always asks me to delete the API and other modules I need. I didnt catch it one time and it deleted my phone app!

zta
    zta no está en línea Stack level 2

yeah. thanks. i installed OTA, DST patch survived, Opera works, and only added 0.137 MB to memory... cool

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Zta, if you load operamini OTA, you won't have any issues like that. Also, you don't need to add the DST patch everytime you load software. I hope that helps.
    Actually, on the 8100, if you load the DST patch OTA, any time you install or remove something via DM/App Loader, the patch module appears to be removed. If you go to Options... 2007 DST Patch... it will report it as such (see pic). I just reload it OTA right from that screen.

Are you suggesting I don't need to do this? Can you give me a reference?

TIA

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by sarbin
    Actually, on the 8100, if you load the DST patch OTA, any time you install or remove something via DM/App Loader, the patch module appears to be removed. If you go to Options... 2007 DST Patch... it will report it as such (see pic). I just reload it OTA right from that screen.

Are you suggesting I don't need to do this? Can you give me a reference?

TIA
    Hmmm? I haven't had the patch report like you had. My DST Patch has stayed put even after loading multiple apps with DM. I also downloaded my DST Patch OTA. Odd.