I am new here, so don't flame me too hard if this is somewhere else. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ScottGB24 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Installing new version of the OS???

Advertisement

I am new here, so don't flame me too hard if this is somewhere else. If I install newer version of the OS on my Pearl, will I have to reactivate on my companies BES server or will it retain that information?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Welcome to the Stacks ScottGB. Not to worry, you won't experience any flames here at the Stacks. Upgrading your OS should not affect your BES connections at all.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You might have to generate a new key. I do not know, as I am both on BES, but from poking around, I think that is the only drawback...

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Just did this too, BES Issue...

I just did this twice within the past two days... In the first case, I upgraded to version .67, my BES settings did not transfer and had to be re-provisioned. On the second go around upgrading to version .69, my BES settings did transfer automatically. The enterprise activation was invoked automatically after all of the data and applications were restored. I didn't even have to re-send the service books.

Once again, the first time with .67, the BES config did not go and I had to EAct again. .69 upgrade was flawless for all data and servcie book configurations.

I guess the result is, that it is uncertain for sure. It may work, it may not. I was 50/50-- was it a result of the OS revision?, who knows.

Good luck and I hope the BES guy is your friend.

Prioryman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E335B
    I just did the .69 version no problems at all. Cant see any big differance, but we live in hope................. John

zaitsev no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm with T-Mobile and have a myFaves acct. Just installed the .69 Cingular OS, and the myFaves icons are all gone. Anyone have a copy of the default myFaves icons they can send me?