hello thanks for taking your time toread but i am having a problem getting my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

soukanh817 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Installing .JAR Newbie

Advertisement

hello thanks for taking your time toread

but i am having a problem getting my Jar. files to the phone. ( Games )

so ive done research and so; i do not have data acces. So i tried the roxio way. but when i drag the .JAR into the new folder i made into the BB. It doesn't apear in there. ( i do not see any progress being transfered). So i figure Roxio does not transfer anything rather than mp3. jpeg. blah ...

So i tried the ( Start/Mycomputer ) I see the what is called " Removable Disk E"
    i click it and it says ( please insert a disk into drive E)

well i don't know from there...
    sorry if this sounds confusing.

and what is .Jad ?

I do not have a SD card. I have OS 4.5.81. I have no Internet acces.
    any hints on how to get the computer reading this phone so i can copy my .JAR file in there?

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Jad is a manifest file. It's the equivalent of an ALX file for desktop installs, and Jar files are like COD files, except you'll only have one jar file per jad and can have many COD's per ALX.

If you're copying on jar files you usually won't need the jad file. I've only needed one so far. It's meant for over the air downloads since it'll tell your BB where to find the jar file and the requirements for an install, etc.

You need a SD card installed to be able to browse using just Windows Explorer, the built-in memory will not appear as a mass storage drive.

I don't use Roxio myself, so I'm not sure if you saw no progress cause nothing got copied, or just cause it copied really quick. On your BB open up the Media application and make sure you are in the home screen of it where it lists music, video, ringtones, pictures. Hit the menu key, and then choose explore. You can then browse around on the internal memory and see if the jar files are there.

I can't recall if jars can be installed from main memory or not, and I'm not about to enable Roxio to try it myself, but if the jar files are there, click on one and see if it prompts you to 'download'/install it.

There is also and jad/jar file to alx/cod convertor for Windows, but that's a bit involved.

soukanh817 no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeaap. I looked all over the phone. im positive Roxio didn't copy the .jad into the phone. but i gues its because i have no SD card. T_T

well i think imma go into town tomrrow and grab a small sd and test out the IE.
    thanks alot Hawk .