how do i install jad and jar files from the desktop manager onto my phone? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

th0575 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245BA541

Question installing jad and jar files

Advertisement

how do i install jad and jar files from the desktop manager onto my phone? your answers are greatly appreciated..also this place is the best on the web hands down!!!!
    NOTHING IS TO DIFFICULT AND NOT TRYING IS THE ONLY FAILURE!

ALWAYS WATCHING!

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12
    you onle can intall .axl and .cod files thru desktop manager.
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    You can install a .jad by putting it directly onto your phones memory / SDCard via USB connection through My Computer, not through DM.

Once its on your phone memory / SDCard, go to Media>Menu>Explore and find the file, select it and select download. It'll act as an OTA download, except its off your memory.

After it has installed delete the .jad off your BB.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Ombus no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can try to copy the files onto your BB's storage and try to access/install it from there.
    Protecting mobile data with GuardMyPhone
    Join our mobile security forum here

th0575 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245BA541
    thanks.
    NOTHING IS TO DIFFICULT AND NOT TRYING IS THE ONLY FAILURE!

ALWAYS WATCHING!

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    You can install a .jad by putting it directly onto your phones memory / SDCard via USB connection through My Computer, not through DM.

Once its on your phone memory / SDCard, go to Media>Menu>Explore and find the file, select it and select download. It'll act as an OTA download, except its off your memory.

After it has installed delete the .jad off your BB.

This worked perfect for me. good advise

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeslash View Post
    This worked perfect for me. good advise
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

chadzworld no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2464E6DD
    I understand how this is done, but I can't seem to get it to work since I did a warranty exchange. Plug in usb cord, enter password when prompted (if password protected) click on my computer, open say F drive, click on blackberry, see folders, pictures, music, videos, ringtones and the one I added themes. Click on themes and drag over jad. theme file I saved to computer. Easy enough. Unplug usb and on device go to media, BB button/menu, explore, media card, blackberry, themes, click on file I transferred and scroll to download. Well I get download failed. Click on details, 907 Invalid COD file not found. I know this works and have downloaded jad. files this way before. What am I missing?
    Last edited by chadzworld; 06-09-2008 at 02:51 PM.
    Chadzworld

sparkyr no está en línea Stack level 1
    same problem for me.... i can do jar files this way but not jad
    Quote Originally Posted by chadzworld View Post
    I understand how this is done, but I can't seem to get it to work since I did a warranty exchange. Plug in usb cord, enter password when prompted (if password protected) click on my computer, open say F drive, click on blackberry, see folders, pictures, music, videos, ringtones and the one I added themes. Click on themes and drag over jad. theme file I saved to computer. Easy enough. Unplug usb and on device go to media, BB button/menu, explore, media card, blackberry, themes, click on file I transferred and scroll to download. Well I get download failed. Click on details, 907 Invalid COD file not found. I know this works and have downloaded jad. files this way before. What am I missing?

sparkyr no está en línea Stack level 1
    same problem for me.... i can do jar files this way but not jad
    Quote Originally Posted by chadzworld View Post

bumbeh no está en línea Stack level 1
    Whooo thx. Any one know how i can get it to go OTA like if i put it on a website or something like that so i dont have to plugged it into my computer? For the people who cant do jad files i think there is a program that will convert it back but i dont know i havent been into this stuff for a while.

sweet_pants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Jus Ask
    I guess I'm doing something wrong b/c I've tried this but the file won't even show up when I'm in the desktop manager and trying to access it through My Computer. Please help....

MDC99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2065AF4C
    Heyo, lucky13mt. I'm relatively new to the BlackBerry world and I had NO IDEA about this feature. Thanks a lot, this is absolutely ace.

bcp858 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Any fix to the error msg recieved in the file not found?

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wish. I asked about the exact same issue about 2 hours ago.