how exactly would I transfer a theme or game downloaded to my PC onto my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spaz480 no está en línea Stack level 1

Installing items

Advertisement

how exactly would I transfer a theme or game downloaded to my PC onto my 8100, would I put it on my micro SD card or to the phone itself.

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    You use the download manager and select back and restore and back it up and save it some where were it can find easily!!!that's it dude ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by spaz480 View Post
    how exactly would I transfer a theme or game downloaded to my PC onto my 8100, would I put it on my micro SD card or to the phone itself.
    Download the following if you haven't already:
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager found here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp choose your country location and download 4.3 either with or with out Media Manager.
    BlackBerry Operating System for your device here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86 you must install the OS onto the PC first or it will not allow you to install apps or themes and will give you the "no additional applications for your device found" error

After installing both above, plug in the BB to the PC USB cable. Open desktop manager and choose the Application Loader Icon. On the next screen click the "Add" button on the top, browse for the theme or app .alx file you downloaded. Click the next button and let DM (desktop manager) load the item. When done, click finish.

That's it!

If you need more let us know and we will be more than glad to help.

spaz480 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I downloaded the program and was able to install the themes but now I can't figure out how to install the games i downloaded, they are .JAR, and .JAD

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Jar and jad files as far as I know are OTA install files. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    One thing you can try is to load the .jar and .jad files into a folder on the media card. Open media manager on the BB and hit menu > explore. Find the file you transfered, click it. It should prompt you to install if all the files are there that you need.

The other option as stated above is to browse to the site you downloaded them from on your BB browser and install them over the air (OTA). If you cannot see the site correctly on the BB browser, if the site is not wap friendly, then email yourself the direct link to the file and open it from your email.