This might sound like a total noob question, although since I just got my BB ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Angryjeff no está en línea Stack level 1

Installing apps to Media Card?

Advertisement

This might sound like a total noob question, although since I just got my BB I guess I am a noob..is there a way to select to install apps to the media card rather than the phone itself? This damn phones internal storage is WAY too small!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Nope, not yet

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    hello there.

a few things.

first off, no unfortunately apps cannot yet be saved and accessed on the memcard...

second...have you tried removing all your unneeded languages and apps that came on your phone to save some space?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Angryjeff no está en línea Stack level 1
    While that is a great idea...unfortunetaly they are already off the phone...ah well...considering I got it about a month ago, they should be releasing the upgraded version with triple the space in about a month, now that I can't get another for about three years without paying out the *** for it.
    Last edited by Angryjeff; 03-26-2008 at 10:59 AM.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3
    As long as you already got rid of the stuff on there you don't need you should for the most part not run into any problems. JAVA based progs typically don't take up aloft of space so most users are fine with the space they have. Have you been running into memory problems?
    Once you go Black(berry) you'll never go back!!!

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2
    so does this also mean you cant dload games to the media card as well? bberry needs to get with the program on this. otherwise,whats the point of having a media card if you can only put songs on it...its a media card blackberry...you are well known for using media on your phones...i think blackberry really needs to open up and let 3rd party create stuff to use on these phones. i get so tired of seeing all these sites saying 'we have a new program out'...only to see that its just another in the list of 5000 different ways to check email on your bb. i mean really,how many freakin more programs need to be put out for this?? the same for messaging...theres enough of them already. get off that wagon and move on to something else.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3
    BB's are completely built for the Bussiness aspect. Just within the last year or so have they started to move into the consumer side of things. So They are way ahead for business way behind for the people who don't want as a work tool but more as a toy. I agree there. There are some apps out there that use the meida card to store there info however. JiveTalk for instance saves the information you have to the media card and the program its self is on the phone. One thing I have noticed about flash media is that once your card gets about half full you phone BB or Media phones get extremely slow. That technology needs to catchup to what your looking to do as well.
    Once you go Black(berry) you'll never go back!!!

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    ok the bb operates in the same way a pc does. any apps or systems programs need to installed to memory that cant be removed. if you installed your apps/systems files and the memory card failed, then what? your device wouldnt start up. so basically i dont see RIM ever enabling that.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    if you want to optimize your device for max memory PM me and i will walk you through it.