I'm wondering if there is any possible way that I can install my applications to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3

Installing applications to memory card?

Advertisement

I'm wondering if there is any possible way that I can install my applications to my memory card. I have nearly a dozen applications pertaining to medicine alone so it leaves little room for the non-work apps that I enjoy using. I'm hoping to figure out a way before 4.5 officially comes out.

EDIT: Well I guess I was too late as my phone will not go past the white screen when it loads up. HEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPP!
    Last edited by DrSuha; 09-16-2008 at 01:16 PM.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuha View Post
    I'm wondering if there is any possible way that I can install my applications to my memory card. I have nearly a dozen applications pertaining to medicine alone so it leaves little room for the non-work apps that I enjoy using. I'm hoping to figure out a way before 4.5 officially comes out.

Have you tried the application called "Aerize Card Loader 2008 - SD card install utility (version 1.2.0)". Give that a try...
    You can install the apps to your Media card then it will store them there. When you need the application it will install it to your device when needed. After using it you will have to uninstall it; it still stays on your media card hen needed again.
    I personally will install the apps that I use the most on the device, then the ones that I might use again, leave them on the media card.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Wow thanks for the excellent tip. I have never heard of this application. Now the problem is that my phone will not load up past the white screen. I guess the memory died out on me before I could do anything about it. Any info on how to fix this?????

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    just making a note so i can refer back to it later.....I DEFINATELY NEED THIS!!!

mitchsurp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F0115
    I would recommend using DM to backup and restore your device. Sounds like a memory issue.

Also, inre: apps on a memory card, I don't recommend it. Because many apps require a reboot after uninstalling to clean the memory, anyway. If you save ringtones, pictures and videos to the memory card, you should have enough room for plenty of apps, as long as they're not all Viigo-sized.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If you're stuck on the white screen, I would first try the almighty battery pull before I went through the hassle of re-installing the OS or restoring everything from a previous backup. Simply turn the device off, remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, and re-insert the battery. It will fix a world of problems.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by mitchsurp View Post
    I would recommend using DM to backup and restore your device. Sounds like a memory issue.

Also, inre: apps on a memory card, I don't recommend it. Because many apps require a reboot after uninstalling to clean the memory, anyway. If you save ringtones, pictures and videos to the memory card, you should have enough room for plenty of apps, as long as they're not all Viigo-sized.
    Well Epocrates takes a lot of memory on its own, and then I have 6 other medical apps that are average size. Then there is Google Maps, Yahoo To Go, Infospace Findit, Worldmate Live, Opera Mini....I could go on lol. But thanks for the tip.

MStrawder I was able to finally get through after a 4th battery pull. It told me I had to reset because of a 552 error code each time too. It fiiiiiiiiinally worked after 4 hours. Luckily I always backup on DM but I was and didn't have my laptop with me at the time so I was freaking out as you can imagine. Patience is virtue!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    As I said, the battery pull will often fix most problems with the BB. I'm taking it though that you're back up and running now?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS