Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I installed several themes from kradest.com last week and all worked fine. Last night I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jlambeth1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Installed themes not showing up

Advertisement

I installed several themes from kradest.com last week and all worked fine. Last night I installed the plazmic theme reader and blinkberry at the same time from the desktop manager. After this, any themes that I added on don't show up on my BB. When phone is connected to my PC, Desktop manager showed them to be installed. I tried uninstalling them and reinstalling them with no luck on them showing up on my BB. This morning, I wiped my phone and restored it with a known good backup. Same problem still with themes not showing up in BB. Any ideas?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Installed themes not showing up

Have you tried doing a battery pull yet? that will usually bring them back.

Yes but I will try it again.

Still no luck after another battery pull.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

All I can tell you is that Blinkberry is listed for the 7xxx series, not the 8100 according to their site. I know some have been able to use the demo, but maybe leave that software alone, eh?
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Could be. But I figure that since I wiped the phone and did a hard reset all info about blinkberry would be gone. When I did my restore, it was a restore without either the blinkberry or the plazmic theme reader installed.

jhayman no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jlambeth1
    Last night I installed the plazmic theme reader...
    There's your problem right there.

The Pearl comes with the Plazmic theme reader already installed. It is version 4.2.0.xxxxx. The version you installed was probably version 1.1.0.xxxx.

You need to delete the 1.1.0.xxxx version, and re-install the 4.2.0.xxxx version.

Thanks jhayman, I will try this out as soon as I have time. Any chance you have a direct link where I can download it? The other question I have is that I thought a wipe of phone, hard reset and reboot of phone would erase any bad plazmic files. I guess I am wrong?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jlambeth1, You need to delete the 1.1.0.xxx version from your BlackBerry and your PC, Then you need to insure that the OS that is currently loaded on your BB is installed on your PC. Then connect your BB to the PC and Open Desktop Manager. You should get a Dialog Box stating something about theme reader update available. Select Update Now.

For ALL others with Pearls and 8800s when the theme builder is updated for that device. DO NOT try to install any version of the THeme Reader that is not included in your OS.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I am sure you have led me in the right direction Rcbjr as I was able to delete the 1.1.0.xx version from my phone. I deleted all plazmic folders on my PC that I could find but when I open Desktop Manager I get no dialog box about a theme reader update being available. My guess is that I did not get the plazmic files off my PC. Any idea where I should look for any remaining plazmic files on my PC? I went to C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\ and deleted the files in there if that helps.

Hoping this doesn't get buried too deep as I am almost there. Any ideas where I uninstall any remaining old plazmic files from my PC?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Do you have the current Blackberry OS for your Pearl installed on your PC? That is the necessary to get the New Theme Reader installed on your BB as with 4.2 it is part of the OS/Core Apps. And the files I was talking about deleting are the Theme Reader Cod and Alx files if you used Desktop Manager to install them on your BB. If you installed it OTA then you don't have them on your PC to delete them.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

I wish it did help. I deleted Desktop Manager software from my PC as well as all cod and alx files. I then wiped phone and did a hard reset. I then tried to install theme with no luck. I have version 4.2.1.8 on my PC and version 4.2.0.71 on my phone. I don't see plazmic in the applications of my phone or, when I look at components or device software, it is not listed there either. Should it be listed or is it embedded in the BB OS?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications and open the menu. Select Modules. Do you see a module called com_placmic_theme_reader? I assume that you installed the OS 4.2.0.71 File on your PC in order to get it on your BB. What did you use to wipe the BB?

Rcjbr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

If you mean to use my BB and look in those options/advanced options/applications, I see no option to select modules or anything named com_placmic_theme_reader. When you say that you assume I installed OS 4.2.0.71 on my PC, that is the version of the OS on my Pearl, the software version of Desktop Manager on my PC is 4.2.1.8. Am I supposed to have some version of the Blackberry OS on my PC as well? I say this as they are both different version numbers. To wipe handheld I did it with my Pearl, through Option, Security options, general settings, then wipe handheld. Thanks for all your help on this. It's driving me crazy!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast