So i got my blackberry unlocked from cellularone so i can use it on at&t ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tyayo14020 no está en línea Stack level 2

Installed new OS &...

Advertisement

So i got my blackberry unlocked from cellularone so i can use it on at&t and when i changed the cell one sim to the at&t one everything worked fine after i added a $50 data plan but i noticed nothing different from my dobson cellularone 8100M_PBr4.2.0_rel88_PL2.2.0.41_A4.2.0.71_Dobson Operating system to the at&t 8100M_PBr4.2.1_rel154_PL2.3.0.78_A4.2.1.96_ATT Operating system, except, now it says at&t above the time. When normal cell phones are out for 2 different companies, and you mess with both, there are obvious visual differences between each carriers OS, so my question is, wtf is the difference with BB's os's? i mean it seems like you can keep a cellularone OS on and use it with any network since there is no media net icon or anything at&t specific with this OS, or did i do something wrong and are there real differences?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Installed new OS &...

you answered your own question.. there is no difference. It's not a regular cell phone, it's a smartphone, and most are that way (universal with the difference of personalization from the carrier - which would be themes on BB's)
    AT&T might send you a few new icons for their "mall" but that's about it.

btw, why is your data plan $50? they have unlimited BlackBerry data for $30

i have one with unlimited texting too

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3

Your OS is also a number of versions behind that current release for the 8100. You can find the most recent version (.109) here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_1_109_a.html

thanks for the headz up..i really dont see the point now tho in changing to a diff OS until there is something major different or changed seeing there all the same, i thaught each carrier would have different things for the blackberry in menu's etc... i guess it wont hurt to try it though like the post said it might have fixed a bug, a bug i havent noticed, none the less thanks,and ill load er up