Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by Magstuff So will the BIS 2.5 be an update when you plug ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Magstuff View Post
    So will the BIS 2.5 be an update when you plug your BB in and open the Destop Manager, or will you have to download something seperate? Sorry to sound dumb, but what is BIS?
    BIS is the service that handles all your BlackBerry's email if you're on a personal account. It's all server-side, just wait until RIM does the update, which is likely coming in the next month or so, possibly with this weekend's outage.

joecrack no está en línea Stack level 2
    I finished my upgrade and it work very well.

So far the only thing I noticed is camera gets messed up when you use custom themes made using Plazmic. I tested with couple and it's the same problem.
    Do I stay away from custom themes until Plazmic releases an update or there is another solution.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No solution, I find that the L theme works great for now.

mike213735 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    4.5 is way better than the old one. Ok, maybe you don't have html for a week. My camera isn't messed, the media player is awesome, the web browser is ten times better, you get steaming video support, anything else you want?
    I much preffered the layout and font of 4.5. I thought the way the contacts and emails were presented was great. Also the media section was a nice touch.

However, my IM+ didn't work, nor did BB Alerts or Soft Reset. I could have lived with all that but indoors my camera screen was black and outside, it was white, so now I am back on 4.2.107.

Thanks
    Mike

PJueckstock no está en línea Stack level 1
    There's a way to get video on the 8100, it doesn't come standard, but if you search the forums you will find the how-to. Granted, since the camera was not made for video recording the quality is not very impressive.

burky no está en línea Stack level 2
    can anyone else not listen to voicenotes on BB messanger?

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    to get HTML you have to wait till the carrier updates their server to get the HTML email

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It looks fresher, Example: in memo pad it now has a border around your memo's and such...

Thats all i can really think of that hasnt been posted. But it looks awesome.

Oh yeah and the voice recorder.....

blaber no está en línea Stack level 2
    google maps is not working on 4.5,,... anyone having this problem???

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think I will wait for 4.5 to become a little more mainstream in terms of 3rd party apps before I make the switch.

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    we can put the videorecording on 8100 but 1.3 megapixel is too less resolution for support that and we have videorecording in pink and green colours.

im+ works well if you install documents to go....instead don't works, Gmaps works well...the only bug for me is the camera thats have problems to catch the right light on shooting.
    9700 5.0.0.442 BIS WIND ITALY

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I loaded it on my Pearl, I like that it had the fonts like my Curve, but some things were bugging me. I thought the BB would get faster over time, but it would seem to want to get stuck sometimes and hourglass for a while. The camera can't take decent pictures, and we knew there would be no video. I have taken my Pearl back to 4.2 for now. I 'll try the update again after a few more versions have come out. 4.5 will live on through my Curve.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by Magstuff View Post
    Yeah I just did it, and it worked like a champ.
    It doesn"t restart your BB after the video is done or anything?

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE
    Quote Originally Posted by joecrack View Post
    I finished my upgrade and it work very well.

So far the only thing I noticed is camera gets messed up when you use custom themes made using Plazmic. I tested with couple and it's the same problem.
    Do I stay away from custom themes until Plazmic releases an update or there is another solution.
    You gave me some hope for a moment but I just tried every one of the BB Dimension themes and the camera white balance is still way off the scale on my 8100 running v.4.5.0.42.

Anyone found a solution yet?

jho51e no está en línea Stack level 2
    hi all!

There is HTML for this new software.. it is under Email Settings > Enable HTML Email: Yes/No.. there is also Download Images Automatically: Yes/No..

And when you receive an HTML email it is formatted like HTML with placeholders for images, etc.. sorry dont have a screenshot program yet.. working on it.. :-)

Here are other things I noticed..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast