Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I thought I read somewhere that this new OS would have HTML email and video ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Magstuff no está en línea Stack level 1

Installed New 4.5.0.37 OS Yesterday Have ?

Advertisement

I thought I read somewhere that this new OS would have HTML email and video camera on the 8100. I installed it yesterday and was dissappointed to find no HTML and no video. In fact it looks and acts extactly like the beta version I was already using. I know Colorperal doesn't work with this version either. Anyone know anything anout this?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah unfortunatly there is no hardware to support video for the 8100. There is a camera of course, but it's not designed for video so -no video. The HTML issue has gone back and forth for a while. Some saying that it will have an HTML viewer and some sayning that it won't. I guess you answered that question. Thanks for posting so that I won't waste my time installing 4.5. I'll just wait for the BOLD 9000! I will check to see if there is a HTML viewer just to make sure.

Thanks

Yeah I've gotten a few emails since I installed it last night and they weren't in HTML format. I checked everywhere and could find any settings for HTML, so my guess it's not there. The only thing I really like about the new OS is the way the media format is now. The music is organized very nicely and you can easily create playlists like an Ipod.

WickedBEZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    In order to enable HTML mail it must be set on the server as well. They pulled the gui option on the 4.1.5 update for BES. But it's actually still there in the code. Someone posted a while ago the hack in order to enable it.

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I thought that when bis 2.5 comes out that it will enable html mail

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad to finally see the 8100 video recording rumors put to rest. Always seemed in one thread someone would shoot it down, and in another thread some stubborn individual would insist that it would be. Got on my nerves really. Good to have closure.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    If there is no HTML mail and no video camera then indeed I don't see why one
    should upgrade.

Does anybody have an argument in defense of 4.5 ?

Mike Stem no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gkast1 View Post
    should upgrade.

Not me! Plus you lose the ability to use ColorPearl, and the still camera sounds FUBAR'ed according to several posters. As I mentioned in another thread, I don't see much value to this release at all.

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Waiddaminute... if the camera is also gone, then the only difference of a 4.5 os 8100
    from my old 7105t is that now I can get EDGE

"Is that all there is"?!

LanceInPants no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D427F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i want stereo Bluetooth with media player. Can this be done with the new os?

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    should upgrade.

HTML mail is coming once BIS 2.5, which will be rolled out in the next few weeks. The media player is much improved, as is the browser, which is faster and has mobile YouTube support. Bluetooth now has A2DP and AVRCP support to go with the new media player. You also get Docs to Go, which let's you read and edit Office docs.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantineXVI View Post
    HTML mail is coming once BIS 2.5, which will be rolled out in the next few weeks. The media player is much improved, as is the browser, which is faster and has mobile YouTube support. Bluetooth now has A2DP and AVRCP support to go with the new media player. You also get Docs to Go, which let's you read and edit Office docs.

So will the BIS 2.5 be an update when you plug your BB in and open the Destop Manager, or will you have to download something seperate? Sorry to sound dumb, but what is BIS?

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstantineXVI View Post

Office is not an issue for me, but youTube is. Have you actually verified that you
    can connect to youTube and stream? That WOULD be a point in its favor!

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    4.5 is way better than the old one. Ok, maybe you don't have html for a week. My camera isn't messed, the media player is awesome, the web browser is ten times better, you get steaming video support, anything else you want?

Office is not an issue for me, but youTube is. Have you actually verified that you
    can connect to youTube and stream? That WOULD be a point in its favor!
    Yeah I just did it, and it worked like a champ.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast