Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by robertmrome you can always pay someone to unlock it... check eBay or ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

GyeNyame no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: "Insert Sim Card" - error

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by robertmrome
    you can always pay someone to unlock it... check eBay or google and search for remote unlock code blackberry pearl vodafone... should cost less than $50.
    I got the wrong forum hence my absence... thank you for the advice I will give it a try.

sandishere64 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi All:

I want to say a big THANK YOU to this forum!! My son who lives in another state and owns a blackberry 8700 was getting the error message "insert sim card" even though the sim card was in his phone.

He went to the At&t store and was told he needed a new sim card. He got a new card and had the same problem... He called me from one state away and told me his problem and I started searching the internet and found your forum..

I told my son that I had saw on here where if you take a small piece of paper fold it and insert it in front of the sim card. It will make the sim card fit tighter, and the message should go away because the sim card is now making contact with the phone..

IT WORKED!!!!! Thank you so much!! I do not see my son very often, but we speak on the phone every day!! Again thank you so much for your forum and for keeping me in touch with my only son!!

Keep up the good work!!

Sandi

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I got this same problem last year on a SideKick 3 I was using (except mine said "SIM Card Initialization Failed"). Stuck it in an 8100 I had as a backup unit, and got the same error. Swapped out the SIM and it worked like new until I got my 8120. SIM card crapped out around Memorial Day last year and I had to get my 3rd SIM card.

red_bird no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24120ec4
    I'm having the exact same problem with my pearl 8100...SOS, SIM card error...started with emergency calls only prompt...now SOS all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12