Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Not sure, wouldn't try it...since this is for pearls. Everything is different... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Increase available memory on the pearl

Advertisement

Not sure, wouldn't try it...since this is for pearls. Everything is different

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

It works on the 8300 if you do it by hand. I'm a complete noob and it went off without a hitch. I took the advice of changing the file names to ".old" so I could easily change them back if something went wrong. Be sure to do a back up first!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Esco760
    umm any 1 will this work on the 8830e
    A BB is a BB. Yes you can do these steps on an 8800 or what not. cod files may be named different so it may take some trial and error. Remember all these steps are at your own risk. I would suggest making a copy of the alx file in notepad prior to making any changes that way if something happens you just copy the alx file back in.If all else fails all you need to do if you mess up is delete the handheld software and redownload to fully restore the alx file.

dorojm no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the help! The ptt was really annoying me.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Thumbs up Re: Increase available memory on the pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
    (2) Delete the unnecessary language files. You can do it through options> advanced>applications, but the better, cleaner way to do it is through the apploader. When a new OS is installed on the PC (not the device) the .cod files are contained in the java folder at (for OS .69) program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/8100-v4.2.0.69_P2.2.0.40.
    Does the java folder go away after the install to the device? I'm using CBW 4.2.071, and there is no folder named that. I have C:/program files/common files/research in motion/AppLoader.I also have 3 other folders in the "rim" folder, but NO "shared" folder. I am checking out where all my files are located prior to upgrading OS. I did find my vendor.xml file. thx

btw...This is very nicely written. Thanks
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

sany33 no está en línea Stack level 1

These instructions worked like a charm. I did everything that was up there and got back approx. 15 MB! I could have gotten more but when I tried to install my new OS, it gave me a Catalan error that I was missing a file that didn't exist... So I just decided to not get too greedy and only delete a few files which worked out perfectly.

Thanks for the info, spam!

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Can someone tell me if I need the "Language and Input Support" module, I have deleted every language except English. thx
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

It isn't really necessary Lowrider
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

hisfattness no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

i found after loadng the new system software and deleting the language packages and having only 1 3rd party app miniopera. and deleting some of the apps i don't use that i've got about 35mgs free. this thread is awesome. thx

michaelcramos no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: Increase available memory on the pearl

thanks im going to keep this one for future reference thanks 2 times TEE

cy
    cy no está en línea Stack level 1

i am new to this. i opened the app loader, but i don't see any option there that will allow me to delete the preloaded medias. and on the advanced option itself, all i can do is to view the modules, but not deleting them. can anyone show me a little "step by step" proceedure to delete the preloaded meida? thanks

~ cy

Quote Originally Posted by cy
    i am new to this. i opened the app loader, but i don't see any option there that will allow me to delete the preloaded medias. and on the advanced option itself, all i can do is to view the modules, but not deleting them. can anyone show me a little "step by step" proceedure to delete the preloaded meida? thanks

~ cy
    This is at your own risk but here is a thread to help. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...including.html

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2

I have scoured the internet looking for a way to dump the preloaded crap on my bb 8830 which I just got a week ago. My bb seems to leak memory a bit too much. I never have moer than 5-10 megs free and I have no other app installed. I dumped a bunch of apps ai dont use (password keeper, help, sample vid, languages) but I cant get rid of the pix.

How can I do this? I can see similar files like the one you state in step five on my device but I cant edit them in any way.

When I run the app loader, it only shows y messenger and nothing else. Oh, ok, I installed yahoo IM. No other app shows up that has been preinstalled.

How can I access the axl file you speak of and get rid of the pix? I have the lastest OS on my device so I'm not sure what to do.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!
    peace
    roosta!

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta
    I have scoured the internet looking for a way to dump the preloaded crap on my bb 8830 which I just got a week ago. My bb seems to leak memory a bit too much. I never have moer than 5-10 megs free and I have no other app installed. I dumped a bunch of apps ai dont use (password keeper, help, sample vid, languages) but I cant get rid of the pix.

How can I do this? I can see similar files like the one you state in step five on my device but I cant edit them in any way.

When I run the app loader, it only shows y messenger and nothing else. Oh, ok, I installed yahoo IM. No other app shows up that has been preinstalled.

How can I access the axl file you speak of and get rid of the pix? I have the lastest OS on my device so I'm not sure what to do.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!
    peace
    roosta!
    You would need to download the handheld software to the pc. If in the app loader on the DM it only shows im you don't have it. Get the OS from your carriers website.. then on the pc open my computer and follow C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.x.xxx. Open up the alx file in notepad. I would save a complete copy of the file seperately so that you can paste back in in case something happens. Look for cod files similar to those in the thread and delete them. On an 8800 not sure what the cod files are so some of it is going to be trial and error. Once you have the cod files deleted run the application loader. I would suggest if you go this route to do one cod file at a time so if it does not work you know which one didn't. And once again, THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Doing this incorrectly can seriously brick your phone.

Roosta no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks much Eddie for your post. It all makes sense and is definitely doable. I do admit that I am feeling like a bit of a wimp given the consequences. Will post back here if I test it out.

thanks so much again!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast