Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by tnhl1989 i say invest in a media card from ebay or newegg ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Increase available memory on the pearl

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tnhl1989
    i say invest in a media card from ebay or newegg or tigerdirect for about 30 dollars for a 2gb and your fine
    The media card, while an excellent idea, will not do anything to increase the internal memory. Programs are installed to internal memory. So the more programs you install the less memory you will have available. By following the steps Spamdumpster posted, you are deleteing the things that are unnecessary and that you will never use. This will give more space to put on programs you want.

The 2 GB memory card only holds music, pictures, and images taken with the camera.

tnhl1989 no está en línea Stack level 2

well yah thats what i meant, sry for not explaining it.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

will this work on the 8830e
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

OhCaN no está en línea Stack level 1

Well I just loaded the 4.2.1.101 and then came accross this post. I have taken all the files out of the java folder but when i load up DM it don't start to install anything. I'd like to reinstall .101 to get the 18mb back.

Any clue?

PS - Also I have a 2g MicroSD and I use it mainly for tv shows, movies and music. It's great for my 4 yr old to watch some Dora or Diego when traveling around town. It's great for watching episodes that you missed the night before. Great little device. Best phone I've ever had.

Thank

ChefScott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

what do you mean just loaded up .101? onto your pc?
    you need to remove the vendor file first before the DM will recognize that there is an update for the phone. The changes you made should go in with the new OS. Any other OS changes you make in the Java have to be made through the applications loader. It will see the changes and remove the items from your phone.

OhCaN no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ChefScott
    what do you mean just loaded up .101? onto your pc?
    you need to remove the vendor file first before the DM will recognize that there is an update for the phone. The changes you made should go in with the new OS. Any other OS changes you make in the Java have to be made through the applications loader. It will see the changes and remove the items from your phone.
    LOL, i should have specified abit....
    I loaded it onto my pearl before i deleted the files. It's works great. I never deleted the vendor file. never had to i guess cause it's working on my phone.
    I tried to reload .101 after i deleted all those files. It's not loading as if there's nothing to load because it's already been updated. You know what I mean.
    I want to erase my phone and reload .101 to gain the 18mb.

PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

ahh ok I get it. you do not need to remove the .101 OS. Connect to your pc and open the DM, run the "Applications loader" on the DM. The loader will remove the files you deleted and get you that memory.
    No need to "erase" your phone to get the changes to take place

marcpitch no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
    I think that the only way to get rid of the 0k files is to delete the .cod files from an install of an upgraded OS before it's installed on the device. In other words, make sure the BB is NOT connected to the PC, download an upgraded OS to the PC, install it, modify the Java folder and cod files as desired, then attach the device and upgrade the OS. I think I mentioned this in the original post, but I'm not 100 percent sure. I'll edit it if I didn't.
    So, if I just upgraded my OS and want to take these steps to completely remove preloaded pics, etc..., I am out of luck....I need to wait until the next upgrade? Is there are way to do this even though I just upgraded a couple of days before reading this information on removing preloaded pics, etc..?

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Hmmm, I gotta read this later

PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

No, you can do it anytime you want to. I just did mine last night. It went fine. Go and remove the cod files. Save them into another file, you may need them again. Open you dm and connect your phone. Run the applications loader. The files will be removed during this process. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No, you can do it anytime you want to. I just did mine last night. It went fine. Go and remove the cod files. Save them into another file, you may need them again. Open you dm and connect your phone. Run the applications loader. The files will be removed during this process. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I understand, but doing it that way will still keep the files as 0KB. I know they will be "removed" and free up memory, but they will not be completely gone. I prefer to have them completely gone.

PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

Once you remove the cod files they are also removed from the dm and your phone. There is no more programming for that language any where to have it show 0k. Just checked it again, the only languages options I now have are English, in the phone and dm. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Once you remove the cod files they are also removed from the dm and your phone. There is no more programming for that language any where to have it show 0k. Just checked it again, the only languages options I now have are English, in the phone and dm. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am not talking about the language files, only preloaded pictures. The language files were easy and straighforward to remove since you simply uncheck those options on the App Loader on the desktop software. The same holds true for the preloaded video - removing it involves simply unchecking the box for it. However, for the preloaded pics there is no box to uncheck and you need to go in and remove the COD file(s). However, if removed without doing a complete OS update, the preloaded pic folder remains on the handheld and the file names are all there but with 0KB per file. So, they are "effectively gone," but not completely gone.

ChefScott, when you go into the pictures menu on your handheld, you probably have the preloaded pic folder still there with a bunch of 0kb files. Right?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by marcpitch
    I am not talking about the language files, only preloaded pictures. The language files were easy and straighforward to remove since you simply uncheck those options on the App Loader on the desktop software. The same holds true for the preloaded video - removing it involves simply unchecking the box for it. However, for the preloaded pics there is no box to uncheck and you need to go in and remove the COD file(s). However, if removed without doing a complete OS update, the preloaded pic folder remains on the handheld and the file names are all there but with 0KB per file. So, they are "effectively gone," but not completely gone.

ChefScott, when you go into the pictures menu on your handheld, you probably have the preloaded pic folder still there with a bunch of 0kb files. Right?
    They are gone, and no longer taking up space. You cannot get rid of the 0kb. They will always be there.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

umm any 1 will this work on the 8830e
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast