Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Spamdumpster (5) Delete the preloaded pictures by deleting the files: net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Increase available memory on the pearl

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster

(5) Delete the preloaded pictures by deleting the files: net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod and net_rim_bb_media_100_240x260.cod. Savings = 3.5 MB.

(6) Delete the preloaded ringtones by deleting the file: net_rim_bb_profiles_tunes_tunebundles_tunes8700g.c od. Savings = 280k.
    I can't find the those file names on my Pearl. Where are they located? I have looked in the pictures and ringtones sections. I don't see Delete options for them either.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Warning: Dont delete the files for the setupwizard. I decided to remove them and I lost the ability to access my settings for the phone.

Just FYI

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I can't find the those file names on my Pearl. Where are they located? I have looked in the pictures and ringtones sections. I don't see Delete options for them either.
    When you're in Advanced Options > Applications; just hit the BB button and select modules. You'll have a bunch of them

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Found the modules but which ones are for the pics and ringtones? Thanks again.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Found the modules but which ones are for the pics and ringtones? Thanks again.
    You can't delete these modules from the device itself, you have to delete them from tha java folder on your pc and then run apploader.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by trickgasm
    sorry guys I'm a newb but I have deleted the sample video and now I still have the file name blackberry.avi with 0.00k

how do I get rid of this?

I think that the only way to get rid of the 0k files is to delete the .cod files from an install of an upgraded OS before it's installed on the device. In other words, make sure the BB is NOT connected to the PC, download an upgraded OS to the PC, install it, modify the Java folder and cod files as desired, then attach the device and upgrade the OS. I think I mentioned this in the original post, but I'm not 100 percent sure. I'll edit it if I didn't.

Oh ok thanks. I may try that later or tomorrow.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

without reading 5 pages of posts, i just want OZ & the preloaded video off my phone to free up that memory space. can i not just uncheck those 2 items in apploader when i'm say trying to upload a new theme? it says "remove" when i uncheck those 2.

rattan no está en línea Stack level 1

hi people, i am a newbie... just got my pearl... im from malaysia so the provider is Maxis. Is there any firmware/OS upgrade for my baby pearl ?

I cant seem to delete the pearl video and music.... anyone managed to remove that to give the phone extra 3mb of space ?
    Last edited by rattan; 06-17-2007 at 10:35 AM.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Thank u so much! Well I just got rid of a lot of junk. And woow opera mini is like a rocket! C b4 it took a lot to load a page (u know loading #kb ...) now it takes 2 seconds.
    Although I didn't want to touch the themes. I did delete one b4 (zen) and the icons were b&w and small.
    Thanks

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

This may seem like a stupid question but before i embark on this memory freeing crusade I would like to know how low (or current) memory levels effect the performance of the pearl? If someone could tell me what I would actually be gaining by dumping the wasted space that would be great.
    Thanks Again!

time_line no está en línea Stack level 1

How come I don't see an delete option nor can I delete the files in the preloaded media?

I don't see one either. I heard that you have to use the Desktop Manager but have yet to figure it out.

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey Spamdumpster,

You are abso-freakin-lutely awesome. This was a great post, and your instructions worked like a charm.
    Well they did the second time, when I actually paid attention to what I was doing.

Before I was between 22 and 26, now I am at about 40. And that is with about 7 3rd party apps.

I do have a question, however. (don't newbies always have a question )

Of the language file there are some extensions that were not in your list: _ar.cod, _pl.cod, _cs. cod, _ru.cod, _tu.cod, _sv.cod, _he.cod, _hu.cod are these also safe to delete.

Again Thanks for the post.

YOU ROCK!!!!

tnhl1989 no está en línea Stack level 2

i say invest in a media card from ebay or newegg or tigerdirect for about 30 dollars for a 2gb and your fine

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast