Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast

Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 Hey all, A few questions: 1.) How do I upgrade to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 View Post
    Hey all,

A few questions:

1.) How do I upgrade to the latest OS and what are the benefits? I'm on TMobile with App Version 4.2.1.107

2.) I'm only running on 14MB free memory at a time!! That seems really low compared to everyone else. I check my computer and I don't have that shared folder under "Research In Motion"- how else do I free up more memory?

3.) If I "leave message on SIM card" does that effect the free memory at all?

P.S. I found that soft resets will boost up the available memory same as a hard reset....

Thanks for any/all help!! Feel free to PM if motivated.

-ST
    1. You can get the latest software version from here. Here is a how to on updating your software. 4.2.1.109 from Rogers is the newest OS officially availible right now. Not really different from the software you are already running.

2. You probably don't have a shared folder b/c you have not downloaded and installed the handheld software on your PC. (that's the only reason i could think of.)

3. If you leave a message on the Sim card it can effect the memory on the phone but only when you read the messages. The program eats the memory the storage does not. As you said a soft (good) or hard (better) reset will bring any memory used by the programs back to the file free.

Hope it helps.

Pearl Fiend no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey Spam this is a great post props to you. It has really freed up some space. I can't however figure out how to delete the languages I don't want. I went to advanced options and apps. I just can't find anything regarding the languages or deleting them. I found the movie and maps and got rid of those but not languages. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You can delete the langauges through your DM, just uncheck the ones you don't want.

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    dont really understand how to find the preloaded pics im dm...or the language things...the only apps that show up in my dm are the 3rd party ones i installed...and the themes n what not...but no core apps are shown at all.

Pearl Fiend no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is the same with me Cuggi I can not find any language apps, just themes and 3rd party. What are we doing wrong here?
    Thanks for the help Berrylicious!
    -Pearl-

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    ^ i have no clue! its really confusing. im already running the most current o.s and dm..so i dunno. what i do kno is that it takes my bb like 5 minutes to load when i try to turn it on lol...and i have all this file space used n i dont kno from what...i only have like 3 3rd party apps n 1 theme on my bb and im using like 68798097 bytes of data..

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    No need for all this anymore. Faster and easier way to recover more memory on your BB.

Link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=78559
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    ^^very nice...i use to app and got alot of free space...i didnt wanna mess wit the ish i aint understand but i got a good bit of free space now..and the response seems a lil faster. good lookin!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    No problem cugg.

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    (3) Delete the .cod files with any themes (net_rim_theme_...) you don't use. BUT DO NOT DELETE THE ZEN THEME. By deleting the Cingular theme and the dimension icon theme I saved another MB.

(4) Delete the preloaded video, by deleting the .cod file: net_rim_bb_medialoader_video.cod. Savings = 2.4 MB.

(5) Delete the preloaded pictures by deleting the files: net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod and net_rim_bb_media_100_240x260.cod. Savings = 3.5 MB.

(6) Delete the preloaded ringtones by deleting the file: net_rim_bb_profiles_tunes_tunebundles_tunes8700g.c od. Savings = 280k.
    I am planning to try this in new release but could not find the following files
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_video.cod
    net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod
    net_rim_bb_media_100_240x260.cod
    net_rim_bb_profiles_tunes_tunebundles_tunes8700g.c od
    My device is 8100 and OS release is OS 4.5.0.55 Release 81.
    I also could understand what all to delete under Themes.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Old pro needing assistance.

I'm planning to increase memory on my 8120, currently at 10,497,476 bytes. Wanted to know if it was safe to remove the following:

Password Keeper
    Camera
    Voice Notes
    Alarm
    Video Camera
    TZones
    Manage Connections
    Setup WiFi

Also, the only theme I use is the Verizon Zen theme. What other themes are safe to remove?
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 08-25-2008 at 11:37 PM.

weav01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have only google maps as a 3rd party app and have went thru the steps above except for the ringtones. I seem to only be able to free my device to 9.7MB. Do the ringtones really free another 20-30MB or am I missing something. I have the 8130

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    gonna try this n see

edit the file names have changed for 4.5 anybody try this recently??
    Last edited by thbassman; 08-26-2008 at 05:32 PM.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wanted to see about deleting some files from my 8320 and went in to do a backup. Watching the backup progress when it got to the 'profiles' I got an error message "Error backing up database."and it wouldn't complete the backup.

Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by sbrown712; 09-09-2008 at 03:33 AM.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrown712 View Post
    I wanted to see about deleting some files from my 8320 and went in to do a backup. Watching the backup progress when it got to the 'profiles' I got an error message "Error backing up database."and it wouldn't complete the backup.

Any ideas anyone?
    Usually that would mean there is some corruption in the profiles database. I would hook it up to the DM, select backup/restore, and select advanced. This will bring up a screen split in 2 sides. The right side is for the phones data bases. (left side is for a backup file if you had one) Select the profiles database and then select clear. This will clear out the profiles you have in the phone but should allow you to then back up the rest of the info normally. Hope it helps.