Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

how can you get so much free? I did everything and only get about 26mbs ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearl8130rob no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

how can you get so much free? I did everything and only get about 26mbs free and only running 2 apps. does this only work wit the 8100? how about files such as this...do i need it and what are they?
    net_rim_platformapps_resource__he.cod
    or
    net_rim_platform_resource__fr.cod

Thanks!

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Those are some of the language files that you can delete

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Nice, useful, thank you.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

speak no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleted preloaded pictures, now red X

Any ideas on how to remedy this? I spent all day cleaning up my s*** but its annoying that these dumb pictures and icons (faces) are still here, though now viewable, thus the red X plague...

Any ideas? I defer to the experts.

ooshorange no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok what do i need to download or do to access the language files and unneeded media files to delete them cause i cant do it through the phone or is there a way to delete the files on the phone it self

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    if you havnt already run blackberry setup on your phone when you got it. The language files can be deleted from there. Also if you go into applicationsdelete whatever you don't use on the day to day. Go into media and change the 2mb device memory to 0. I uploaded a new os on my 8120 and deleted the ptt and some pre laced themes and a few other unneeded things. Currently I'm at 28 mb free: I have jive talk. Google maps. Google search. Empower mail pro. Viigo. Black white list. And the 9000 inspired theme.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Speak, it sounds like you pulled the pictures AFTER they had already been installed on your BB. There is no way to remove the red x's unless you completely wipe your blackberry and install a new OS. That is why it is recommended to only perform these steps if you are upgrading your OS, so that during a fresh install it is no longer looking for files that arent there.

queena04 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi!how do I upgrade the os n install it on my pc??I just got my 8130 pearl so I'm kinda lost!Also when I run the apploader all I see is the themes I've downloaded,why I can't see the preloaded media??

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by queena04 View Post
    Hi!how do I upgrade the os n install it on my pc??I just got my 8130 pearl so I'm kinda lost!Also when I run the apploader all I see is the themes I've downloaded,why I can't see the preloaded media??
    You cannot delete the preloaded media from the application loader process, at least not like you are thinking. They will not show up in the device application screen. You need to download and install the handheld software on the pc. This is why it only shows themes. Get the newest os from here. As far as the preloaded media there are ways to do so. Check this thread for a starter. It is a general overview of how to free up memory in general but does cover the preloaded media. Hope it helps.

Thanx Eddie! I will try it tonite!!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    if you havnt already run blackberry setup on your phone when you got it. The language files can be deleted from there. Also if you go into applicationsdelete whatever you don't use on the day to day. Go into media and change the 2mb device memory to 0. I uploaded a new os on my 8120 and deleted the ptt and some pre laced themes and a few other unneeded things. Currently I'm at 28 mb free: I have jive talk. Google maps. Google search. Empower mail pro. Viigo. Black white list. And the 9000 inspired theme.
    What new OS was for the 8120? Where can I find it? What is ptt? Thanks

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    ptt is push to talk

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Antgod View Post
    ptt is push to talk
    Duh! Thanks

kayj no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Hi spamdumster step 5 to delete the preloaded pictures ive tried to delete them by the app loader but cannot can you please help ? Kayj

cant see this file!!!

"(2) Delete the unnecessary language files. You can do it through options> advanced>applications, but the better, cleaner way to do it is through the apploader. When a new OS is installed on the PC (not the device) the .cod files are contained in the java folder at (for OS .69) program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/8100-v4.2.0.69_P2.2.0.40."

I downloades the new OS for the pearl 8130, but i dont see this file on my pc, is there another way to delete the files????
    plz help!!