Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast

I have a question regarding the language files. Actually two questions I guess... 1. Is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

NeXTLoop no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Increase available memory on the pearl

Advertisement

I have a question regarding the language files. Actually two questions I guess...

1. Is there any advantage to manually removing the .cod files from the Java folder as opposed to simply not selecting the languages that you don't want installed in the App Loader Installation Wizard?

2. The only language I need is English. What about the "en_GB" or "en_NL" files?

Thanks for the help. Still new to BBs and trying to figure things out.

itjunkie no está en línea Stack level 2

A stupid question but how come I only 50462720 Bytes for my file total? Where did the other 14 meg go?

Bob

lakaw no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by itjunkie View Post
    A stupid question but how come I only 50462720 Bytes for my file total? Where did the other 14 meg go?

Bob

Are you on Sprint? My reads the same as yours. I haven't read any posts as to why, but if I total up all my applications (32.2MB) reserve for media (12MB) and free space (19.8MB) I get 64MB.

stowberryjamz no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been reading through this forum and being a scaredy newb, I just want to delete the preloaded pictures, and leave the ringtones. Also, can I just delete the semitic and russian language support on the bb pearl itself instead of going through the system files on my pc? thanks!

** ok wait i take that back. I read the instructions again and it did say I can delete the extra languages in the options>advanced op>apps thingy. haha! Thanks for this thread. It saves a lot of good memory.
    Last edited by stowberryjamz; 01-05-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: need to add something
    -------
    -------

*happy pearl noob*
    *squee*

-------
    -------

itjunkie no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm with Verizon. I'll have to add up all of it. i haven't tried that yet, thanks.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    Are you on Sprint? My reads the same as yours. I haven't read any posts as to why, but if I total up all my applications (32.2MB) reserve for media (12MB) and free space (19.8MB) I get 64MB.

cmisak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24382D36

Can I delete t-zone and BB browser? i use Opera Mini and don't need t-zone..... I've understood from t-mobile that t-zone is there for picture messages... i have NEVER sent a picture message, and would rather my Pearl run faster than have the option... Plus i can alway email a picture from my BB.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cmisak View Post
    Can I delete t-zone and BB browser? i use Opera Mini and don't need t-zone..... I've understood from t-mobile that t-zone is there for picture messages... i have NEVER sent a picture message, and would rather my Pearl run faster than have the option... Plus i can alway email a picture from my BB.
    You are not able to "delete" them. You need to delete the service books, which i do not believe will make that much difference in the memory. Go to menu, options, advanced options, service book. Delete tmobile usa wap browser and blackberry internet browsing service books. To actually delete tzones and BB browser you would need to mod the alx.

tj2311111 Guest

Plus if you delete them through the service books most likely they will be pushed back onto your device.

TheBaconKing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317C8909

Alright So I did everyting above and it has been great... Till now... I just realized I deleated something that allows me to set a custom ringtone for different people. I think its the preloaded ringtones cause my file is like 700kb instead of the 300 mentioned in this thread. Before I went and put them back on I was just wondering if yall had any suggestions for what may be the issue.

EDIT: If you are running with a 8130 with 4.3 then you cannot deleate the preloaded ringtones if you want to set a custom ringtone for different people.
    Last edited by TheBaconKing; 01-20-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    "Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
    -Doug Larson

Skywalker73 no está en línea Stack level 1

OK. Someone please help! I've gone through and removed what I can, am running only 4 outside apps: gmail, google maps, facebook, operamini, and I've done a battery pull, but I'm only getting up to about 12 mb. Can that be right? I'm just concerned about it. Thanks!

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

ok this is weird my Shared folder is empty so how can I do this? what to do plz?

Blkr da Berry no está en línea Stack level 5

Would anyone be able to list the files for a 8300? I don't want to start to assuming and delete any needed one

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

i have attached the files that i deleted/moved from my "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8300-v4.2.2.146_P2.4.0.62\Java" folder. 160 files amounting to 16 mb...i dont think moving them all will directly reflect on ur bb, but will remove most of the unnecessary files to free up memory on ur bb! u can delete all VAD files if u don't use voice activated dialing...i dont use vad all the time, but i left them in there, so i can use it when i have to!

i'm at 18 mb free space with tonne of applications installed - i have gtalk, espn, pinstack launcher, google maps, windows live search, weatherbug, bb weather (trying to see which one i like best), christmas pool, viigo, newsgator go, bmail, cellity freesms, pc mobilizer, gridmagic ce and operamini!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 02-15-2008 at 12:54 PM.

jmbhbb no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

I greatly appreciate the tips. After upgrading my OS and following these steps, I went from 20 MB free to 35 MB free. And I have SoftReset, PacMan, and the BibleReader installed. Bibile Reader alone is huge, so I can see where 40MB free is possible.

Thanks.

uhbreysiv no está en línea Stack level 2

Can I delete preloaded Ringtones & pictures through my phone?
    Or do i need a program?
    & they all get put in boxes,little boxes all the same.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast