Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by pelotudo Question again as it was asked before and I don't think ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Increase available memory on the pearl

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pelotudo View Post
    Question again as it was asked before and I don't think was answered.

Will doing this actually "speed" up the phone if you already have a microsd card installed? Meaning, will this make loading maps any faster in Google Maps or while browsing the internet; or is this simply for installing more 3rd party apps and any cache files are going to be stored on the microsd anyways?
    Freeing up as much memory as possible will help with the speeds on the phone, just not necessarily the browser, maps etc. It depends on the situation. Think of it like a computer in the fact that if the PC is overloaded full of memory some stuff on the PC will lag while others do not. Same concept except it changes slightly depending on what is actually taking up the memory where. If your cache and cookies is full in the browser then anything data based will probably lag a bit. If the event log gets full and/or the memory of the phone is low menu navigation and programs will lag. Hope that clarifies a bit.

senorluchador no está en línea Stack level 1

i've read through this forum a bunch of times, but i still can't get rid of the language files i don't need. when i get into the applications i can't find the option to delete them. I've tried to just use the 'delete' button, but that isn't working either.

also i'm having a hard time trying the alternative method through the apploader. i'm not quite sure how to get to those files while in the apploader.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by senorluchador View Post
    i've read through this forum a bunch of times, but i still can't get rid of the language files i don't need. when i get into the applications i can't find the option to delete them. I've tried to just use the 'delete' button, but that isn't working either.

also i'm having a hard time trying the alternative method through the apploader. i'm not quite sure how to get to those files while in the apploader.
    you dont "delete" them...you just uncheck them.

well when i run the apploader the only things that are on there are the third party programs that i have put on the phone, are there some settings i could change so that it shows more?

Stellina no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

If this is a completely ridiculous question, I apologize... but is this possible on a mac (using pocketmac), and if so how? If not, how do you delete these things via options > advanced > applications?? I don't have a delete option in the menus there. Thanks!

I'm having the exact same issue with not having the delete option in the menu on my phone and i can't figure it out!

I figured it out... just update your operating system on the phone and then you'll be able to do it.

corys00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317d7591

I did this today and everything is great except one thing. I am unable to assign any of my own ringtones as any of the events or alarms. And I was only able to select the ringtone for my phone by going through the media player and selecting "use as ringtone". Do I just need to bite the bullet and reload the preloaded ringtones? This is on a Sprint 8130 w/ the newest 4.3 os

corys00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317d7591

Quote Originally Posted by corys00 View Post
    I did this today and everything is great except one thing. I am unable to assign any of my own ringtones as any of the events or alarms. And I was only able to select the ringtone for my phone by going through the media player and selecting "use as ringtone". Do I just need to bite the bullet and reload the preloaded ringtones? This is on a Sprint 8130 w/ the newest 4.3 os

Any suggestions?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

What exactly did you do? What the OP suggested way back on Page 1? If you deleted items, did you delete from your PC with App Loader, from the device with Options-->Advanced, or did you go in and delete individual .cod files in the OS folder manually? Try to be a little more specific so we can help.

Also, I think you need to keep the preloaded ringtones (at least a handful of them), but you can move them to your media card if you like.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

jwaller89 no está en línea Stack level 1

i've got the 8100 and i need to know what apploader you are talking about and where can i get it. i want to free up some space on my pearl.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by jwaller89 View Post
    i've got the 8100 and i need to know what apploader you are talking about and where can i get it. i want to free up some space on my pearl.
    Welcome to the Stacks jwaller. The App loader ( application loader) is a program that is in the BB desktop manager. You should have received a CD with the BB that has the program on there. If not either download from your carriers site or from Blackberry Desktop Software V4.2 Service Pack 2 . Hope it helps.

jwaller89 no está en línea Stack level 1

i understand it now thanks

dsump no está en línea Stack level 2

If you delete the media files you lose the "new folder" icons FYI. All that you will have is a yellow folder as an option.

(5) Delete the preloaded pictures by deleting the files: net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod and net_rim_bb_media_100_240x260.cod. Savings = 3.5 MB

Any way to edit the COD file to just remove the preloaded photos and to keep the icons?
    Last edited by dsump; 12-30-2007 at 11:14 PM.

lewisalonso no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2419A125

Awsome OG thread " Spamdumpster" I am trying this tonight when I get off work.

PS thanks to all for all the great info. I rarely post, mostly lurk; but none the less you all are great.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast