hi, ive had a search around but can't find the answer to my question on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jono_h no está en línea Stack level 1

Incoming international call barring - Orange

Advertisement

hi, ive had a search around but can't find the answer to my question on the board.

i am off on holiday in a couple of weeks and need to set my 8100 to bar incoming calls. After not doing so a couple of years back i received the bill from hell.

ive been through all the settings i can think of but can't see where you bar calls on a pearl. ive read the online pdf but it just says go into OPTIONS then select CALL BARRING, i don't appear to have this option.

Figured id pose the question on here rather than suffer UK Orange call centre.

thanks in advance.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Incoming international call barring - Orange

i don't know if you can call bar. i beleive it is upto the carrier if that is an option. You could however set the call forwarding to go directly to your vm. works for me when i leave the country but i am on TMO in the states. Not sure if it would work for you.

mlmagdalera no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

turn on your "don't disturb" setting under profiles

jono_h no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the advice folks.

i discovered the call barring options are under the CALL LOG menu.

Swiss Admiral no está en línea Stack level 2

You might want to call your provider and have them switch off International roaming for the period you're away. This is basic function which ANY operator offers.

All calls have to be captured at the operator level before they are forwarded to your handset - if you tell them that (for the period you're away) you do not want to receive International calls, they can accoommodate this.

Good luck.
    "So tell me, what gave away the fact that I'm a Luddite?"

"Oh not much...but your undying profession of faith in quills and ink may have clinched it..."