I've had 3 8100's all with the same problem - delay when answering an incoming ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2

Incoming Call Sound Delay

Advertisement

I've had 3 8100's all with the same problem - delay when answering an incoming call. I speak but the caller doesn't hear me for 3 - 5 seconds ? Anyone help ?

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've noticed the same thing with mine, although it doesn't always happen. I say, "Hello. Helloo? HELLO!!" and the caller says, "WTF is your problem? Why are you shouting at me?" I'm getting used to it.

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for that. I've had a few WTF's too.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is actually quite common, enough so that it could be considered "normal".I'm surprised that your carrier has offered you three replacements for the same phone and the same complaint. ??A one or two second delay is acceptable, at least for RIM.Remember, a BlackBerry is first and foremost an email device. Everything else is secondary. Any BlackBerry veteran would never tell you that a BlackBerry is a "great" phone. It's "ok" at best. For the most part, the phone on a BlackBerry was an afterthought.If I know I'm going to make a long call, important call, or especially an over-seas call, I switch my SIM to my Moto V60, it has the BEST call quality of any phone I've ever owned or used.