Heres the story: I purchased my blackberry pearl in october 2006. It worked perfect for ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JLavino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E013FB

Inbound Call = Microphone Lag

Advertisement

Heres the story:
    I purchased my blackberry pearl in october 2006. It worked perfect for months, and about 3 months ago whenever someone would call me they couldnt hear me for ~30 seconds. It didnt happen every time, but enough to aggrevate me. So last week I decided to call TMOBILE and find out whats up. The woman told me that this is an issue with BB with no fix yet. I asked her to send me a new phone and see if the new one will harness this issue. She mentioned she could not guarantee this to work, but I insisted. I received my new pearl last night and updated it etc. It worked fine, but every single call inbound since I started the new phone is still doing the lag answer. Is anyone else having this issue? I might call TMOBILE and ask for another phone. What to do?
    Thanks,
    Justin

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Inbound Call = Microphone Lag

Is the new phone doing the same 30 sec lag or is it 2-3 seconds? If it is only 2-3 seconds it is a known issue with the OS. If it is 30 seconds you have a diff issue then the known issue.

Nomeanfeet no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Justin
    I had a pearl which I bought in October also and had the same problem. I am with vodafone. I returned it with another problem and the replacement works fine with no lag, however my colleague bought his at the same time as you and his also has a lag of about 5 seconds. Suggest it is pot luck with the specific phone. Keep swapping until you get one that works.
    Cheers
    Gary

JLavino no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E013FB

I want to say it is a good 20-30 seconds on the new phone. It was the same on my old one too. On my old phone I would say it happened about 30% of the time. So far on the new phone they sent me, it is about 95% of the time.

What should I do?

If it happens on 2 phones it is either 1) an issue other then the phone like a sim issue or network issue 2) an issue with the settings on the phone, possibly something trans over when you backed up and restored info. I would test sim in a dif model phone if possible and if it worked fine back up info, wipe handheld and do an advanced restore to bring info back rather then a normal restore.