When I go into the profiles it says use active profile expect for important calls ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TroyL65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241D7FF7

important calls?

Advertisement

When I go into the profiles it says use active profile expect for important calls at the bottom with a check mark what does this mean?

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    hit menu and that screen and edit. you can edit exceptions. put cursor on name field and hit menu again to add a name

greeby no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe00
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyL65 View Post
    When I go into the profiles it says use active profile expect for important calls at the bottom with a check mark what does this mean?
    You can add folks to this exception by:

In Profile Edit (profiles > advanced)
    Scroll down to Important Calls
    then (menu key>edit )
    Scroll down to From: field
    then (menu key > add name)

It works like this:

Say you add Greeby to the Important Calls profile.

Once added...whenever Greeby calls you you can have the BB switch from whatever profile you are in (say silent or do not disturb) to the profile designated in the Important Calls profile. You can also designate a custom phone tune for that profile.

Why would you want to do this?

Say you are in an important meeting and you have the BB set to DND or silent, but you are waiting on a very important call (wife is in labor and on the way to the hospital etc.)

You can add you wife's name (Ms. Greeby) to the Important Call exception list, set the profile to Normal, and set the tune to Pink's "Let's get this party started".

So when the big call comes in your BB sings up a storm (no matter what the profile is set to at the time) and you know to answer the call.

Make sense?