Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i'm 14 and my fam is switching to tmobile, and i want to get a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

missfabb no está en línea Stack level 1

i'm thinking of getting a blackberry pearl, my first phone

Advertisement

i'm 14 and my fam is switching to tmobile, and i want to get a blackberry pearl from either wirefly or letstalk.com (which is better?). this is going to be my first ever cell phone. i've looked at the features and stuff, and i know i'll be using texting, talking (duh), the camera, and music playing pretty often. but the blackberry is primarily for email. do you still think this will be a good phone for me? i just love the design, and how you use the little pearl to navigate, and the big clear screen, and the candy bar shape.

also another question, on wirefly it said that in order to get the rebate for the pearl, you had to get one of the email/web dealies, and had to keep it for six months. on letstalk it says that i need to get one of those too, except it doesn't say anything about 6 months, and i don't want to keep it[the email/web deal] forever. is it the same as on wirefly though?
    Last edited by missfabb; 01-26-2008 at 10:57 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: i'm thinking of getting a blackberry pearl, my first phone

Hi,
    I can't offer much help with wirefly or the method of purchase but i will offer my opinion that the phone your looking at will make you very happy that you did purchase it. It's a great phone and will meet all your needs.

Glad to hear your choosing such a good phone and the Blackberry over others.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I started with the pearl. bb's are excellent phones, but can take a little technical prowess and patience to get used to it. It is far more complicated than the SK, but also allows a lot more to get done and a lot more customization (and free apps). Tmo is a good choice because they have several extra options for add-ons. $10 email plan, $20 BIS (blackberry internet service), or a free enabler for unlim mms (with a txt plan).

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by missfabb View Post
    i'm 14 and my fam is switching to tmobile, and i want to get a blackberry pearl from either wirefly or letstalk.com (which is better?). this is going to be my first ever cell phone.
    I congratulate you for your very well thought out approach. You have done a very good job of researching your choices. I believe that you will be very happy with your choice of a BlackBerry. As a mobile phone enthusiast that has a very large collection of phones from the different manufacturers, I prefer BlackBerrys by a wide margine.

I share this with you because I saw where you are concerned about how long you must use it. While I am not familiar with the policies of the companies you are considering, I believe that once you have the phone, you may very well enjoy it enough to use it for at least 6 months to a year. Then you will probably either decide to keep it longer or get another new BlackBerry.

After buying over 40 other phones prior to my 1st BB, I was so impressed with it that I've purchased several different BB models just for the fun of trying them.

Good Luck with your decision!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by missfabb View Post
    i'm 14 and my fam is switching to tmobile, and i want to get a blackberry pearl from either wirefly or letstalk.com (which is better?). this is going to be my first ever cell phone. i've looked at the features and stuff, and i know i'll be using texting, talking (duh), the camera, and music playing pretty often. but the blackberry is primarily for email. do you still think this will be a good phone for me? i just love the design, and how you use the little pearl to navigate, and the big clear screen, and the candy bar shape.

also another question, on wirefly it said that in order to get the rebate for the pearl, you had to get one of the email/web dealies, and had to keep it for six months. on letstalk it says that i need to get one of those too, except it doesn't say anything about 6 months, and i don't want to keep it[the email/web deal] forever. is it the same as on wirefly though?

Check out this link for students using BlackBerry. It's geared toward college students but since you are a student, this might help. http://www.discoverblackberry.com/di.../education.jsp

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

I agree with archer 100%. I was a skeptic at first, but happy now. The pearl is my first smartphone, and I especially like saving a few $'s using BB messenger instead of eating up my text messages with a "LOL" or a "sup". the apps and customization are great and as far as data plans... I don't know how I got along before spoiling myself with the pearl. Happy phone hunting!

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W

Missfabb,

The pearl is an excellent choice for a young woman. It has a sleek, beautiful design and its sophisticated. Its not a girly little phone. It says a lot about its owner. That said, everyone above posted the very useful and cool features of the pearl. As a pearl owner I would also highly recommend it. I changed phones every 3 months bcuz I got so bored with what I had. I have had a pearl since dec 2006...no desire to exchange.
    Regarding the "email/web dealies", they simply want you to get a data plan. I would suggest the $20 plan. You can surf the web (and access pinstack), access your email, and use blackberry messenger. Those are just a few advantages of having a data plan. As archer6 said, once you start using it n see all the cool thinga you can do, you won't ever want to part with your bb, data plan, or pinstack.

Welcome to your new addiction!

Angel

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the email/internet for the rebate is for the tmobile rebate and that means you only need it till you get your rebate check back. That takes around 6 to 8 weeks from posting it. But if which ever website has there own rebate on top of the tmo one that is up to them.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes! The Pearl is an awesome phone, its great in every way, you'd be very happy with it, I'd just like to add! You're a lucky kid, when I was 14, I still used two dixy cups and yarn to talk to my friends LOL...j/k, the other greatest thing about blackberries is that you have this wonderful community in Stacks to answer all your bb questions

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

hey there. Yes the Pearl will be great as your 1st phone. You and your family might try switching to Sprint and their SERO plan, since it'll be cheaper than TMobile AND their BB plan costs $30.

Let us know what you and your family decide. And make sure you get a red pearl.

JE
    Last edited by The SPCS Guy; 01-27-2008 at 02:41 PM.

joemc27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    No More
    the BB pearl was my 1st BB... I love it to death! Its great for ur 1st BB and ur first phone!

quaker no está en línea Stack level 1

I got my Pearl from Wirefly and am very happy. If you have questions, call them. The rep I got last time was very helpful. Sorry I don't remember her name.

Note that the 6 month requirement for the data plan is a Wirefly requirement -- not a T-Mobile requirement. Wirefly gives the great deals on the Blackberry Pearl because T-Mobile pays them big bucks to sell the new line with the features. If you cancel it within 6 months, they lose all that money and charge your credit card $250 accordingly.

Also note that it's only free if you get a seaparate new account. It's $50 after rebate if you add a line to your parents' plan.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

I'm a student myself and the pearl is my first smartphone. I'm grad that i got it, It helps me in everything at school (Some times cheating in class lol) But since it has access to the internet i can do all sort of home work with needs internet (if i don't have access to a pc). Also texting/IM is fast since it has a QWERTY keyboard and suretype. Since i don't have an ipod and i don't like Mp3 players, The pearl is a great music player. The phone its self looks great.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ and not to highjack thread but I have a white pearl for sale, would maybe be a good starter for you.

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

if you can. get Opera Mini

its a great program that is way better then the preinstalled broswer ...

get unlimited internet and email ... its useful ... you WILL get hooked ...

also, for GPS service (free) go to google.com/gmm

i think its a great phone, simple to use, and very handy.

i feel like steve from blues clues when ever i pull it out lol ....

me handy-dandy ... BB Pearl!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast