Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You could wait until the Curve comes out. It will have a full qwerty keyboard ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dclawyer no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Im starting to second guess the pearl....

Advertisement

You could wait until the Curve comes out. It will have a full qwerty keyboard and some great consumer-level features.

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

thanks all for the suggestions ! I'll try the pearl for a while till tmo comes out with the newer BB the 8320 ? Or whatever it is.
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

What carrier are you on?
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've come to learn that many people misuse suretype.
    Most people I know as they are typing a difficult word do it like this: pretzel: the first four letters show up as 'prey' by default. You have a second option so you scroll left to it. NOTE - here is the problem, most people would click on the pret entry, this is telling suretype that it has figured out the word correctly and you would like to move on. This also just saved the entry into the custom wordlist if it didn't exist already.

The appropriate usage is to merely roll the Trackball to the word, don't click it unless it is the whole word you are trying to type, since it probably isn't just continue typing the word and then click it once it is all there. This will eliminate all of your bad entries. Type, roll, type, roll, click.

Another source of problems is starting a word and then deleting what you've typed only to decide to type the same word. Suretype will assume that it made a mistake and give you the other letter on the keys that you pressed. In reality it was you who made the mistake.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your pearl!

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

I like the suretype, the smaller size is worth the removing of keys. I can barely spell as is and having a few mistyped words is nothing I would concern myself with.

I wish BB (or the internet for that matter or affordable cell phones) were around when I was deployed away from my wife. All I had were Sat-Phones and pen and paper. Nothing sucks is wating for a phone, then calling only to get the machine.

Traknologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F916AF

I suggest turning off suretype, and creating more words that you frequently use in Auto Text. Auto Text works with suretype disabled and you can shorten your keystrokes by making your own shortcuts so you don't have to type out an entire word i.e. you could make (muauc turn into music, or qaut into wait) there are thousands of other words and symbols you can create, and in my opinion the key lay out is very logical for auto text if your crafty.

mando82 no está en línea Stack level 2

my sister just got the bb8800 for tmobile and she loves it.
    she had the pearl for a little bit and didnt like the suretype either.

i had the sk3 (dwade edition) and it has the best keyboard ive seen. but was too expensive for what it offered. screen resolution and pic resolution wasnt that great. looked like an old school camera phone.

i love my pearl. stick with a bb. they are awesome.

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

something else you could do is get a bluetooth keyboard, around $100 but it gives you a full size keyboard, as fast as you can type, it'll show up.

just do a google search and use "blackberry external keyboard" as the search you'll find one!

also I dont know if it'll work or not, but it may help the suretype learn the words you use the most. effectivly making suretype better for when you're NOT using a keyboard

KFP
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

oldsue no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i didn't think I would but I love the suretype. As anything new it takes time to get used to it.and I'm pretty used to the words I know it will get wrong. Like hey, see,buy.

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

I started out not liking the sure type very much and now its grown on me so much that now my fingers fly over the key board and my texting is really fast. I guess it depends on what you are comfortable with. For the last 20 months or so I've had Palms with the Qwerty keyboard and thats what I was comfortable with forever!

jamnmom no está en línea Stack level 2

H there US Army Wife, which I am also. I would have PM'd you but I need more posts before doing so. Is your husband in Iraq? Does he also have a bb? The reason I am asking is mine is deploying in Nov. We both have bb's and really enjoy the bb messenger feature. I know I will have to get him the int'l plan when he goes, but I was curious if you guys were better able to keep in touch using that method? The last deployment he went on was in 2000 and all we had then was short phone calls and a couple of the vtc's. He didn't have much computer access, which was one reason why we went with the bb. They are telling them that they may not be able to bring personal computers and with the military blocking so many websites recently, I am hoping that the bb won't fall into those categories. Any input you have will be much appreciated.

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

One thing that you should really do is go through and clear out the words that are wrong in your custom word list. Go to Menu-> Options -> Custom word list and remove the words that it has erroneously added to the list. This will keep your BB from mistyping words as often. For best results I usually clear my list evey two weeks or so. Hope that helps!
    -Statik-
    T-Mobile RSR
    8100 Pearl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12