Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

not because of performance issues or anything. My husband as some know is deployed, he ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

Im starting to second guess the pearl....

Advertisement

not because of performance issues or anything. My husband as some know is deployed, he gets a very limited time online and I hate wasting it deleting words suretype uses that arnt what im trying to type. Its starting to get quite annoying. I'm thinking I should have gotten the full qwerty BB... any thoughts? If I switch to a different one , which one should I get ?
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

quintdeon no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Im starting to second guess the pearl....

the suretype learns from your words so u should find it easer the more you type with it, but if you still feel you should change devices stick with the berry and go full qwerty.

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

which would be the best full qwerty one ?
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by quintdeon
    the suretype learns from your words so u should find it easer the more you type with it, but if you still feel you should change devices stick with the berry and go full qwerty.
    I tend to agree and the 8800 may be another berry to look at.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Either the 8700, 8800 or 8300 depending on your carrier and if you like the size and capabilities of them.

quintdeon no está en línea Stack level 1

i guess, i'm cool with my 8100 plus i have a t-dash for qwerty, but i use my berry just as fast i think.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have an 8703e on verizon wireless and its great so def. Go with the 87xx model or which ever 88xx model your carrier has

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by USArmyWife
    not because of performance issues or anything. My husband as some know is deployed, he gets a very limited time online and I hate wasting it deleting words suretype uses that arnt what im trying to type. Its starting to get quite annoying. I'm thinking I should have gotten the full qwerty BB... any thoughts? If I switch to a different one , which one should I get ?
    I went thru this same decision making process myself a year ago but it was because I text and instant message a lot. I almost bought the 8700g after a 7105 I had broke.

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

you can enable 'multitap' feature in tha pearl

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Not sure if this feature is just on the 8800, but it might be worth looking for to see if it is on the pearl.

When I am composing messages I can hit the BB menu key and select Edit AutoText that brings up all the 'shorthand' words and you can add, edit, create new and delete.

Angie
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

karmalaw no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't use suretype on my pearl.. turned it off completely... I'm MUCH happier that way (for some it's great --for some of us it's highly irritating). Try the Pearl with no suretype (i.e. in "multitap" mode).

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I have found SureType to be pretty reliable, although there are some occasions when it can be quite annoying. If you go to multitap, it gives the feel of texting on "regular" phones...ALMOST (i think).
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

Arcenannie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F730AE

I didn't like the SureType at first and turned it off. But later I gave it another try and I really like it better now. It does learn as you go, as stated before, but there is an area where you could add and edit words also. I found where it switched the correct contraction word for what I was typing. I was having problems with "I'll" becoming "ill" so I manually changed it to "I'll" as I use it more often then "ill" and it works fine now.
    The more you use it the more it learns and conforms to you. I find that it even picks up on words that others have had in their emails as well as user names and email name.
    If you do go to the full Qwerty I agree with those that suggested the 8700, 8800 or 8300. I tried the Dash and was very disappointed with many areas. Too many to list...

kirkcaldyj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2060A344

Enable MultiTap and not suretype. I find it much more user freindly.

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Try the 8800. I was going to get the 8800 over the pearl but I'm so happy with the pearl. The other reason I didn't go with the 8800 is that it doesn't have a camera , its much larger and a lot because its a new phone so the price is extravegant. One other consideration you should consider is a practical one. If you have big hands the 8800 will likely be easier to use. Ad others have mentioned the pearl leans the words you use so you can back and delete some of of the words you don't use at all to clear up the clutter and reduce the risk of mistyping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast